Premed 101 Forums

soooo DAT scores are out, who's rewriting? LOL

Yes, I did horribly bad, I'll be the first to admit it, I won't even list my scores because they're embarassing, ridiculously embarassing. And the sad part is I actually thought I did well. Anyways, is anyone planning on rewriting in Feb? are you in the toronto/GTA area? interested in starting a study group? contact me

ps. if I write again it'll be my THIRD time, yes my THIRD TIME :cool: which reminds me, are we allowed to write the DAT more than 3 times? is there a limit?

thanks

-wisdom_tooth

Yes, I did horribly bad, I'll be the first to admit it, I won't even list my scores because they're embarassing, ridiculously embarassing. And the sad part is I actually thought I did well. Anyways, is anyone planning on rewriting in Feb? are you in the toronto/GTA area? interested in starting a study group? contact me

ps. if I write again it'll be my THIRD time, yes my THIRD TIME :cool: which reminds me, are we allowed to write the DAT more than 3 times? is there a limit?

thanks

-wisdom_tooth

"Candidates are permitted to take the DAT as often as they wish but only the most recent test scores can be transmitted. "

http://www.cda-adc.ca/en/dental_profession/dat/information/testing/default.asp

It's kinda up to you how many times you want to try. The fact that you thought you did well and bombed means something is off. I would try and find where you keep going wrong and honestly assess if you are able to improve before repeating the same mistake. I read in another thread that your scores went down?

Albert Einstein defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome."

Don't set yourself up for a third strike. Good luck.

I got all academic secs 19, PAT 18, carving 29. Is carving worth anything for UWO & UT?

whoa that's awesome, a 29, you also did pretty good on your other sections. Hey if you want your carving to count, try applying out of province, the schools in the west, especially UBC, they look at carving and that will definately be an advantage for you. I wish I could score that high!

good luck

"Candidates are permitted to take the DAT as often as they wish but only the most recent test scores can be transmitted. "

http://www.cda-adc.ca/en/dental_profession/dat/information/testing/default.asp

It's kinda up to you how many times you want to try. The fact that you thought you did well and bombed means something is off. I would try and find where you keep going wrong and honestly assess if you are able to improve before repeating the same mistake. I read in another thread that your scores went down?

Albert Einstein defined insanity as "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome."

Don't set yourself up for a third strike. Good luck.

you're right dr. drill, I'm obviously doing something horribly wrong, whether it's my studying habits, what I'm studying, or how I'm studying. I definately need to re-assess everything and find exactly what I'm doing wrong. I even emailed CDA asking them if there is any way possible I can see exactly the types of questions I was doing poorly on, I highly doubt they release that kind of info, but we'll see what happens I guess.

thanks for the support

:)

Archived