Premed 101 Forums

Physics for MCAT??

butterfly

Hey,

I just wanted to know whether it is compulsory to have done physics in high school or university for MCAT. I was thinking to learn the necessary concepts from an online school or I have some really good recorded lectures on university and high school level physics that I was thinking to study from. Would that be enough??

Hey,

I just wanted to know whether it is compulsory to have done physics in high school or university for MCAT. I was thinking to learn the necessary concepts from an online school or I have some really good recorded lectures on university and high school level physics that I was thinking to study from. Would that be enough??

I only did one year of high school physics, and that was back in 1993 (I think...). I used the EK Physics Review book, and scored a 12 on that section. The book explained the concepts extremely well, such that I was quite confortable and confident with that section.

If you are looking at taking physics just for the MCAT, I would suggest trying a review book instead. It takes a lot less effort to work through a review book than it does to take an entire university course. My experience was that a review book was completely adequate for the MCAT.

Best wishes to you!

Elaine

Archived