Premed 101 Forums

Suggestions??

Well I usually try to answer questions I know first after reading the title of the essay. After scanning the questions fast I speed through the essay circling dates, numbers, and key words. Often the questions go in order, with a few random ones that aren't to throw you off. I keep going back and forth between the essay and the questions for the answers like its a puzzle. Then for the questions that require analysis I make sure I read a few sentences from each paragraph (say the first two, one in the middle, last one, and any with circled words in them). You'll just have to work on being in the moment and working fast and efficiently, get everything else out of your mind and really focus (easier said than done) but the adrenaline rush from the exam usually helps me to focus on the reading more (plus I find wearing earplugs helps block out distracting sounds). As far as timing it all depends on the essay, some are easy to read and interesting so you'll fly through those, some of them you may already know about the topic, and others seem to to packed with hardcore science that takes a bit longer to process and really get into.

Archived