Premed 101 Forums

IP Interviews

Inspired17

This will not be an issue for another 3-4 years minimum.

Do you think a medical school just appears out of thin air?? This is definitely not a factor in the admissions process...

well actually, they do seem to appear out of thin air! hehe

Or at least that was the case with U de S and their satellite campus in Saguenay that opened less than a year after it was announced... and the problems in the outaouais seem to be the issue for some time now... so who knows. :D

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 further articles on this on the CBC and in the Ottawa citizen on Feb 5th.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2008/02/05/ot-medschool-080205.html?ref=rss

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=b306572d-4f21-408f-9372-676d3552e52d&k=30027

While I doubt this would be implemented by next year, if it is in the works, I could see the provincial gov't pre-emptively ramping up the number of alloted spaces at McGill. I think it may be more of a factor in the following year. Still, this is an interesting idea that would provide some real career incentives for people to stay in the region. At least its a positive change to think about while we wait.

I called Admissions today and they said "Interviews should be sent by the end of the this week". So, I guess it's either Friday or next Monday. We'll see

haha i knew it!!! its kinda scary coz the inteviews start on the 13th of march so it will only give ppl like 2 weeks to prepare ... hmm

hey does anybody know if they interview ppl even on the weekend (so its 9 days from the 13 to the 21)?

haha i knew it!!! its kinda scary coz the inteviews start on the 13th of march so it will only give ppl like 2 weeks to prepare ... hmm

hey does anybody know if they interview ppl even on the weekend (so its 9 days from the 13 to the 21)?

I don't think they work on the weekends. I have a feeling interviews will be sent on Friday. But then again, I have had the same feeling for the last two weeks.

I don't think they work on the weekends. I have a feeling interviews will be sent on Friday. But then again, I have had the same feeling for the last two weeks.

I think the question was about the interviews themselves, and if they take place on the weekends. I'm pretty much hoping they'll have a weekend slot, since I have quite a way to drive :(

That said, I'll be more than happy to drive there on any day if I can just get an interview :o

"Further review required" here too. Sounds like good news, especially since I noticed this morning "Items outstanding" Proof of completion. Kind of annoying, since I only get my diploma this summer ::mad: but I called and they told me to write an email explaining the situation.

can anyone confirm this is what we all think/hope it is?

This thread from last year seemed to indicate that those whose status changed to "further review required" received invites. There was one user who didn't receive an invite despite the message - and when they contacted the office with their name, they said that s/he was indeed on the invite list, and re-sent the email.

So not an official confirmation, but about as close as we can get until the actual invites come out, I think.

Did anyone who got the "further review required" notice actually received an email?

no... last year the invites were sent out the day after the status changed (around 6PM or just after that)

Also, the admissions office told someone on these forums (cant remember who) that the invites would be sent starting wednesday. -- So check your email tomorrow night.

Does anybody not have "further review required" or did it change for everybody?

I think there was only one person who posted on here who still had "ready for review".... but to be honest last year mine didnt change and I wasn't jumping to go post about it online.... rather I waited patiently hoping that it would at some point change like all the others.

I think there was only one person who posted on here who still had "ready for review".... but to be honest last year mine didnt change and I wasn't jumping to go post about it online.... rather I waited patiently hoping that it would at some point change like all the others.

Yeah, but I'm not bashful...

You guys probably got interviews. I still have "Ready for Review"...and its bye bye Montreal for me (Unfortunately). GL guys...

Yeah, but I'm not bashful...

You guys probably got interviews. I still have "Ready for Review"...and its bye bye Montreal for me (Unfortunately). GL guys...

vihsadas dont give up!

They snubbed me last year... I enjoyed my year off and now I'm back at it.

Most of my friends who have reapplied have gotten interviews so they obviously give some credit to being persistent.

p.s. I assume you are the same Vihsadas from SDN so good luck with your US app's - I'm sure you will get some good news soon :)

Get ready to scream like little girls since you've been waiting for this moment for so long.

All of you that have the "further review required" notification, go on your Minerva, scroll down the page, and then under requirements, you shall see: Additional Requirement Med Interviews: X MAR, 8AM-12

Now marvel.

Get ready to scream like little girls since you've been waiting for this moment for so long.

All of you that have the "further review required" notification, go on your Minerva, scroll down the page, and then under requirements, you shall see: Additional Requirement Med Interviews: X MAR, 8AM-12

Now marvel.

I don't see it :confused:

Archived