Premed 101 Forums

Interested in Applying after First Year

Guest lizard11

Guest lizard11

Hey guys, i'm in my first year of undergrad, and I am interested in applying to one of the 6-year programs in Ireland. Unfortunately my grades weren't so great this year. would it be possible to just send my high school transcript?

Alsoo, am i allowed to apply to the 6 year program although i have already started university? Or do you have to be straight out of high school?

Hope that's clear! Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kaolausb

ya.. u can definitely apply for it.. I don't think they even consider your university grades.. cuz I did one year undergrad at Queen's university.. I was aiming for UofT pharmacy.. I got rejected in the end.. but when I applied to Aussie.. they ddin't even look at my university grade... I was so mad cuz my university grade was much higher than highschool.. haha.. so if u apply the 6 years program..mostlikely they don't look at your first year grade..

Guest kaolausb

my university is by far not as good as Queen's.. that's why I'm thinking of transfer to University of Sydney next year by undertaking 1 year at my pharmacy right now..still.. I'll be guarantee a job for sure after graduation.. if your grades are not that strong.. I really do encourage u to apply to Aussie as soon as possible.. there are many Canadians here.. so.. u are not the only one.. I suggest u apply through Oztrekk.. which is an Aussie agency located in Ontario help u out the application process...IT'S FREE.. really.. the worst for you to study in australia is end up to be a doctor here..which u earn about 300 000.. so why bother go through all the pain in Canada.. trust me.. it's not the best place in the world.. or u can apply some other area.. like Vet, optrometry and pharmacy.. some of my friends went to Melbourn vet school.. and for pharmacy.. it's really not that bad.. u start off with 35 bucks minimum... if u have any more questions.. feel free to ask me..

Guest kaolausb

btw.. even though that my pharmacy faculty has no Canadians.. but most international students are from Malay.. they pretty much have laid the groundwork for us..so I don't think it's a risk at all to study in Aussie.. in fact.. it's probably the quickest way for u to become a doctor.. cuz it's really racing against time... if u have the time in the world... you eventually will become a doctor..I know of my friend's friend.. he got rejected by med school 2 times and eventually got in.. I really do think that Aussie is a better choice than Ireland.. cuz it's similar to Canada and I'm sure that u gonna like the country.. oh.. did I mension whether?:rollin

Archived