Premed 101 Forums

Where did you get an Interview?

I am from BC, and I think my chances of getting into other provinces seem slim, at leat I think.

I have 83% avg (by the end of this year,, may be 84 or 85). I didn't do so well in my first year,

AA 23

PAT 27

Carving 28

I heard I need at least 90% to get into U of T.

And also, other schools have reserved seats for their in states.

Stupid UBC doesn't have that system..

Anyways, do you think my average is too low to apply as an OOP?

Depending on what your RC score is you'd have a good chance at UWO I would think since your avg (best two years for UWO) is near the avg from last year, plus your AA is very nice. You may want to look into UA since your PAT and Carving are very high. Sometimes its a big gamble..did you apply to other schools in Canada this year or only UBC?

My RC is 21.

And if I take the best 2 years, my avg will go up quite high,

My first year 79.4

2nd 83.2

3rd 85.3

4th (first semesger 88)

And I applied to UBC only this time T>T

Can u recommend me some schools in Canada?

I got the interview from UBC, but if I don't make it this year, I am going to apply to all the schools I think I could get the interview

My RC is 21.

And if I take the best 2 years, my avg will go up quite high,

My first year 79.4

2nd 83.2

3rd 85.3

4th (first semesger 88)

And I applied to UBC only this time T>T

Can u recommend me some schools in Canada?

I got the interview from UBC, but if I don't make it this year, I am going to apply to all the schools I think I could get the interview

Well I would suggest UWO, BC, UA, U Man, and maybe Toronto depending how this year winds up. Just do your research. Mainly look for these things: do they drop a year or more from GPA calc, which parts of DAT do they look at, do they have a preference for IP/OOP, who gets to be on the waitlist (IP and OOP?). Start with that info, it will tell you if you have a decent chance applying there or not, also look up the past classs stats if they are available.

Archived