Premed 101 Forums

GPA question - courses taken after graduating

I have a Bachelor's degree from 2000. I'm currently taking some science courses online through Athabasca University. Will they be included in my GPA? Or just the courses that I took for my degree?

In the OMSAS booklet, they mention "all grades received in the undergraduate degree credit courses". Am I right to assume that this includes random undergraduate courses taken after the completion of an undergraduate degree?

I guess it doesn't really matter all that much in the long run. My cGPA is 3.73, and whether I get an A or a C in the class won't really change much for the better or the worse. I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Yes you are right. All of the courses that you take at a university will be used in the calculation of your cGPA. It doesn't matter if it's part of a degree or just extra courses. You're also right in that if you already have a lot of courses under your belt, then your cGPA won't change that much based on the grade received in an extra course.

• 1 month later...
Thanks. That's what I thought.

One more question...

If I'm applying for Sept 2009, does the course I'm currently taking have to finish before April of 2008 to count towards my cGPA?

It has to finish before your transcripts are due, I believe. So it's not April '08 that is a cutoff specifically...I'm pretty sure summer courses would also be graded in time.

Archived