Premed 101 Forums

Social science/humanities course

Hey there, spoudaios.

Social sciences would be classes like psychology, sociology, native studies...

Humanities would be classes like drama, fine arts, philosophy, etc...

So, philosophy would fall under the 6 cu social science/humanities. Physiology is a natural science and would not.

Kenola

• 4 months later...

I have taken many social science courses over the course of my degree...so how does UofS decide which ones to choose? Do they pick the one with the highest grade or do you just let them know which one you would like to have included in your prereq average on the application? THankyou

spoudaios:

I believe that econ (my example would be econ 111.3) would be considered a social science. I don't know if this is necessarily the best way, but what I did was work towards a health science degree (biochemistry, anatomy/cell-bio or in my case physiology) and make sure I had the requirements to graduate. In doing so I think you pretty much have the medicine prereqs down, but someone correct me if i'm wrong. here is the link i used to figure out my degree/med requirements: link

md16:

I don't think you have to worry about that. My understanding is that the college will work it out to make sure you are applying with the best average as possible. Basically you just have to make sure you're taking the right courses (ie, you have all your prereqs), and just study your butt off. =)

Archived