Premed 101 Forums

Interviews Out!!

I have the same status, for the same reason.

I remember either last year or the year before, either AB or Calgary used to send their invites in 3 waves...first wave to ppl residing outside of AB, second wave to ppl in AB, but not in town, and people living in the area heard last. Maybe it was U of A, indeed, and they are doing this right now? That would explain why there have been so few invites posted, and so far it does look that everyone is either OOP or IP living outside of Alberta...

This makes sense if nothing else. That's a much more logical and fair system than U of C's method--it allows OOP's to book interviews around their travel schedule before IP's get to choose. I hope it's true

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there is actually a huge flaw in the uofa approach, they dont tell you that you arent getting an interview/have been rejected until may. you dont hear anything until then, if you dont hear in feb that you got an interview. thats what happened to me last year!

Really? So basically if I don't hear before end of next week about an interview I am probably not getting one?

I'd say wait until the majority of the posters here say they got an interview before you start to panic. Maybe they sent them out based on time of submission. Maybe they sent them out based on last name. Maybe they sent them out based on location....who knows. No matter which one it is, if people recieved interviews this Friday, it's reasonably to assume they'd have all of the invites sent out by, at the latest, the end of next week. Then terrible assumptions can be made :P

Thats not true about the whole "oop get it first, ip not in edmonton 2nd...." because the individual who posted the first post with their interview is in calgary.

That wave idea is the worst thing i have ever heard.

NRE, only superman/AA's would get an interview after wednesday. don't worry you will get one *inside joke*

Really? So basically if I don't hear before end of next week about an interview I am probably not getting one?

Yes, that is generally what that means. They don't outright reject you until May or maybe later even. They like to keep their options open just in case. As far as I know, it is because a few years ago they rejected most people in February, but their waitlist was exhausted and they had to call those rejectees in for interviews later on and ended up accepting some of them.

Thats not true about the whole "oop get it first, ip not in edmonton 2nd...." because the individual who posted the first post with their interview is in calgary.

That wave idea is the worst thing i have ever heard.

NRE, only superman/AA's would get an interview after wednesday. don't worry you will get one *inside joke*

HAHA..tell me about it! I hope my AA is large enough for U of A standard.

I got an invite friday around 3. 4th year IP living in Edmonton last name at the start of the alphabit. I heard they didnt all go out on friday though, no idea why not. Good luck. BTW, there are 384 (96 people per group, 2 groups a day, for 2 days) interview spots this year and I beleive I heard 250 of them are for IP aplicants.

Got one. PHew. feeling relieved right now. the email was time stamped for 11:30 today (feb 11). i'm an IP applicant.

it's on march 15, at 7:30 am :S (so it's not "the later you get the email the later in the day your interview is" haha)

congrats to all the invites! :D n good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

(PS - ppl worrying about beartracks, heed the advice of the previous poster who said beartracks is useless in every way. just ignore it. if you're really anxious to know the status of your application, call the faculty of med office and ask them, it'll be much more reliable).

Archived