Premed 101 Forums

What are you doing this summer?

lostintime

I'm working in a lab...and possibly taking English if I don't get in.

The first part of the plan is fine (although a vacation around the world would be even nicer if I had the money and wasn't scared of back up plans)....but the second part makes me wanna stick my head in a sewer.

Nothing personally against English courses...but just the thought of going back to do MOREEEEEEEE undergrad after I've graduated..well REALLY sucks. Maybe I'll do Athabasca instead....but it's more $$$ and I think US schools will laugh at me..

Wahhh...

(And why am I thinking of summer when it's not even reading week yet? I guess I really don't want to study for midterms hahahaa)

I'll do the same thing regardless of whether I get in or not. In May, once the semester's done, I'm gonna go visit friends in the US and then go back home for 3 weeks or so. Once I come back at the end of May, I would continue to do research, the amount would depend on whether I get in or not - close to 40 hours/week if I'm rejected/on waitlist, and half of that if I do get in.

Guest begaster

If I get in: Spend as many hours as I can working for the Princeton Review so I have a bit of funding starting next year. At least until August, at which point I'll be done that and probably sit back and enjoy life for a few weeks.

If I don't: Still work for the TPR, but not with the same sense of urgency. Also: Sob. A lot.

Archived