Premed 101 Forums

Help please!!! If Athabasca 4 courses will count towards full year!!

satfan

Hello everyone!!

I'm taking Bio 1 from Athabasca University and planning taking additional Gen Chem and Org Chem alongwith. If i take one more course (so a total of four "full" courses) will Ottawa University and other university consider this as a full year or will it affect my GPA??

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Satfan

Hello everyone!!

I'm taking Bio 1 from Athabasca University and planning taking additional Gen Chem and Org Chem alongwith. If i take one more course (so a total of four "full" courses) will Ottawa University and other university consider this as a full year or will it affect my GPA??

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Satfan

Each school has a different definition for full time. For example, Queen's considers 3.0 courses full time while Western considers 5.0 courses full time. I believe (but am not sure) that Ottawa requires 5.0 courses to be considered full time.

Elaine

sry if this might seem a lil out of topic but....

i was trying to register on athabasca for doing bio1 but in the very beginning stage of the registration process I was asked for my credit card # to pay $ 80 just to register as a student (not for the course). I was wondering if this was normal and it is safe to provide such info to them so early.

Thanks

Hello there!!

I'm taking Bio 1 at present and have paid $80 in addition to the tution fee. That's ok and they always ask for $80 for any new student registering with them. That means, when you will register for next or second course, they won't ask you additional $80. It's just for fist time registration.

Hope it helps!!!

Archived