Premed 101 Forums

UA interview info???

Hey Nav,

The statistics for Alberta admissions are on the home page. To get an idea about your chances, compare your stats to those on the web site (Avg GPAs about 3.8 and DATs about 20. When is your interview anyway? Mine is on March 15th. I think we will all be interviewed on that day. Anyway, good luck.

Hey all,

Anyone else from Lethbridge heading up for an interview next month? Like most of you I was also expecting snail mail.......I have actually been checking the mail box everyday. So I was quite surprised to see the U of A in my inbox. As far as the number of interviews goes, if you consider the number of "qualified applicants" from the stats page as an indication, then 43 oop and 126 Alberta seems consistent. That being said, I wonder what it takes to qualify? Who knows.....I'm sure it changes every year. Now it's time for more waiting. This will probably last until July for most of us. Is anyone else out there still in pre-req classes? I am in my Biochem and my second O chem right now. Talk about pressure. Hey, at least I am here at the school kind of studying during reading week........Hope to see many of you there.

I thought U of A was still using the snail mail system...they've switched to electronic now? Does anyone know if they've sent all their interview invites out? :confused:

Well I emailed admissions (Mrs. Chris E. Grant) and she said that all the interviews have been emailed already. But she said that "no one is out of the running until final official transcripts are evaluated on or before June 15 and if an applicant has not had an interview at that time and is competitive, they would get one then." So basically if you do extremely stellar this year and bump up your GPA you might still have a chance, but it probably also depends if you are in province or not.

Ooops...I had made a table of school info...just looked at their website. The numbers I posted (IP:126, OOP: 43) are for the number of qualified applicants for 2007 as opposed to the total number of applicants. I made it up last summer some time, so I must have misunderstood the "qualified applicants" title and thought that it signified people who got an interview. :rolleyes:

i'm from ontario and received an interview at UA and i have a few questions:

on the website it says the breakdown is 30% gpa, 30% pre-req, 30% dat (total of RC, PAT and carving) and 10% interview. does anyone know if they've already calculated everything without the interivew 10% and will simple add that on after it's done and then count down from the top of the list to accept students? if not, what do they do?

also, since i'm OOP, i know the competition is very high. does anyone know how many OOP interviews were given out for how many spots?

i'm from ontario and received an interview at UA and i have a few questions:

on the website it says the breakdown is 30% gpa, 30% pre-req, 30% dat (total of RC, PAT and carving) and 10% interview. does anyone know if they've already calculated everything without the interivew 10% and will simple add that on after it's done and then count down from the top of the list to accept students? if not, what do they do?

also, since i'm OOP, i know the competition is very high. does anyone know how many OOP interviews were given out for how many spots?

Good Question gfly. I was also wondering about this. Maybe Dr. Drill can help us out. Anyway, I doubt if they already have a pre-interview score finalized because they probably take into account this semester's classes....I think. Anyway, as far as out of province interviews goes, I doubt that they interview more than a dozen given the fact that only a few are offered admission. See you at interviews

i called in to UA today and Melanie was really nice about answering my questions

for OOP there are 30 interview invites and 2 spots

basically they have already calculated everything they have so far (cumulative gpa, pre-req gpa and dat) and that's a score out of 90, then when u are interviewed u get a mark out of 10 to add to it. they do wait for final grades (june 15), but that can only affect your two GPA scores obviously, and they will send out notices at the end of june.

not sure about everyone else but 30 interviews for 2 spots is pretty killer. i don't think i'll be going to mine. hopefully someone else gets a chance

Archived