Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Deferred/Waitlisted for Current Applicants

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time Stamp: April 12, 2:00PM  With tears in my eyes... ACCEPTED!!!!!!!! (OOP WL) GPA: 3.9 MCAT: 515 Essay: I tried my hardest on this section bc im not very confident in my essay writing but

IP (NB)  ACCEPTED  GPA: 3.6 MCAT: 513 I am 28, this is my third application cycle and I'm in SHOCK. I wrote the MCAT 3 times (with two really bad scores the first times) and almost

Accepted! IP BSc, Master of Biomed, PhD Pathobiology GPA 3.8 MCAT 508 I am 33, Ive applied three times, wrote my MCAT at 4 months pregnant and never dreamed I would see this day.

1 hour ago, Horseshoe50 said:

ACCEPTED!!!!! Off waitlist :):):) 

SO HAPPY!

First time applicant, GPA: 4.00, MCAT: 505 (my interview really did me well because my supplemental wasn't great lol)

Overall score 74.68! WOW I AM CRYING!!!!!!!!

congratulations!!!! what was your interview score?

3 hours ago, Horseshoe50 said:

ACCEPTED!!!!! Off waitlist :):):) 

SO HAPPY!

First time applicant, GPA: 4.00, MCAT: 505 (my interview really did me well because my supplemental wasn't great lol)

Overall score 74.68! WOW I AM CRYING!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! Can you share your ECs for the rest of us heathen? I’d like to get an idea of what is considered ‘competitive’.

16 hours ago, LiveLifeToTheMaxillary said:

Congratulations!!!!! Can you share your ECs for the rest of us heathen? I’d like to get an idea of what is considered ‘competitive’.

Thank you!!!! and of course!!! I am the research coordinator in the Otolaryngology - Head and Neck clinic here. I have 2 publications and 2 submitted!! (1st author for 1, 3rd author for the other). I worked at a farm and did tours for kids in elementary school, was a full time babysitter, did my honours research, started my MSc research in fish genetics and quit that (gained a lot of experience there I believe, plus learned a lot about myself). Vice President of Environmental Science Student Association at my school and was the Environmental Science representative of the Women in Science Club! ummmmmm was a Teaching Assistant for two courses, volunteered at hospital and nursing homes, and was a Unit Aide! A few more but that's just what I can think of at the moment!!!! Hope this helps! (I think I could have done a much better job explaining my ECs)

Just now, MD999 said:

is the order of the waitlist solely based on the overall score? thanks!

I believe so because I just got in yesterday with 74.68 and the person with a 74.84 got in last Thursday I believe! I think it just makes sense that way but I am also not 100% certain!!