Premed 101 Forums

Sask + Manitoba

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bbqfish --> I know only the waitlist is in province but at Manitoba all interviewees have an equal chance (no bias for IP or OOP) right?

Correct. And the # of OOP in each class varies. Class of 2010 has about half of the class OOP. Class of 2011 has 3 only.

i m sure they made more than 3 offers to OOP last yr. just that some ppl decided to go elsewhere. Every school has its own strength and different curriculum. If ppl get multiple offers please assess each school and city carefully before making the decision. 4 yrs is not a short time.

Hmm I wonder why everyone received invites at different times and by different methods. I got mine on Thursday by email...

Does anyone know how many people get selected for interview for Sask? It can't be more than UBC because they're holding all the interviews in one day...

Sloken, have you tried emailing them to ask what's going on?

I think everyone should have gotten replies by now, but just check to make sure. There might have been some sort of mix up.

Either way, they said that they would send out emails again on the 17th with further details about what time the interviews are held.

ha nope.

i screwed around too much and partied my ass off in my second year (first year living on campus) and that years GPA is realllllllllllllly biting me in the bum right now, especially since I couldn't drop it for ubc's app.

I'm really hopin I get an interview at western tho. Dunno what you guys think: 82% avg for best 2 years (34 and 29 credits each, hopefully the latter doesnt screw me over), 22 AA, 30 RC....plus I'm OOP....

Guess the next couple weeks will tell. If not, then it's off to start on AADSAS...

wow sloken you really killed the RC section of DAT eh...must know a lot about quantum physics, mercury and pianos....hahaha.......you DAT is awesome, and I'm not sure what the course credits u took tranlate too, cuz UofT operates on 5 credits = full course load. My first year f***ed up my cGPA as well...but luckily my next 3 years were excellent. Your GPA may be just enough to make the cut off.....stay positive bud...hopefully UWO comes through. If not at least you have a back up, and with ur stats u will for sure get into state school.

Dont Party too Hard :D

So what day were the letters sent out on BBQFish?

And also do you know when they are holding the interviews?

And final question, do you have to attend the Manitoba interview or can you send your scores from another? From what I have read on the website it seems that they want to see every applicant personally and won't accept a transferred score.

all i know was that the committee met last wed. then i guess the list will be passed to the office to prepare all the paperwork. who knows how long it'll take.

no idea when the interview will be this yr. last yr it was from apr 15-apr27. u call the office when u get ur letter and arrange a day to go in. will take about 30-45 min. so the earlier u call, the better time u get to pick. if u call late, probably won't have a lot of slots left for u to pick.

u r correct. U of M doesn't take transfer score. if u r not in Wpg, be prepared to fly.

Archived