Premed 101 Forums

good place to stay at?

Yeah if you want to fall out of bed and into your interview campus towers is like RIGHT across the street, and by the looks of my stroll past it each morning, it also has fairly regular shuttle vans to the airport driven by dudes with more facial hair than I can ever hope to achieve.

I stayed at the Coast Edmonton Plaza for my interview last year. It was a pretty classy place (by my standards, at least) and the discounted prices were great (especially if you can find some roomies to share with). Also, there was a free taxi service that took us to and from the UAH; be sure to tip the driver a few bucks for their troubles. You could also use the LRT @ Jasper & 104 st., which goes to the UAH (Health Sciences station).

As others have said, though, Campus Towers is closest.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

My neighbour Gary runs a hostel downtown and asked me to pass along this info. I have never stayed there - but Gary is super nice :)

Peter

Med 2012

New short term accommodations in downtown Edmonton. GO Backpackers Hostel, 1 block away from the LRT providing a direct link to the Health Sciences station. And one block from transit centres providing one bus service to the Royal Alexandria, Misercordia and Grey Nuns Hospital. Choices range from 6 bed dorms, 4 bed dorms and private rooms all with their own washrooms. Full kitchen and laundry facilities to keep the daily budget in check and a good vibe. Great place whether you are doing an elective for a couple of weeks, coming to the U of A for an interview or moving to Edmonton. Check it out at http://www.gohostels.ca for the most up to date information or call them at 1-877-646-7835.

I stayed at the Coast Edmonton Plaza for my interview last year. It was a pretty classy place (by my standards, at least) and the discounted prices were great (especially if you can find some roomies to share with). Also, there was a free taxi service that took us to and from the UAH; be sure to tip the driver a few bucks for their troubles. You could also use the LRT @ Jasper & 104 st., which goes to the UAH (Health Sciences station).

As others have said, though, Campus Towers is closest.

Another vote for Coast Plaza Hotel in downtown....stayed there last year and it was comfortable, quiet, and reasonably priced with the Faculty rate (considering it's a downtown hotel). I have chosen to stay there again since!

Archived