Premed 101 Forums

MMI Survivors Support Thread

It was mentioned in the "New MMI poll" thread that a support group could have come in handy for those who survived the MMIs at UBC, so I thought I'd start a support thread.

Here we can vent and express our frustrations and hopes. (PS. Check out the "New MMI poll" thread and vote).

I'll start:

As I'm thinking more and more about yesterday, I seem to be getting less settled about how well I did. Aaagh. :eek:

lol..nice thread..u have too much time on ur hands ma dear...one of the benefits of taking 6 courses is that u don't have a lot of time to dwell on things u no longer have any control over...that said, i have been having flashbacks of my experience every now n then...and they make me cringe. i'm thinking that when the wounds have healed (lol :P), i'll think about the scenarios and my performance so that i can actually learn from it..but right now, it's too painful to consciously try n remember.

My post-MMI experience has been kinda like this:

Friends/Family: How did it go?!

Me: I... don't know.

Friends/Family: Oh come on, you must have some idea...

Me: No, no, I really don't...

(Repeat this exchange about 25 times...)

That bottle of wine on Saturday night helped, though :)

My post-MMI experience has been kinda like this:

Friends/Family: How did it go?!

Me: I... don't know.

Friends/Family: Oh come on, you must have some idea...

Me: No, no, I really don't...

(Repeat this exchange about 25 times...)

That bottle of wine on Saturday night helped, though :)

hey pink, you didn't happen to have a pink name tag did you? :D

i have been having flashbacks of my experience every now n then...and they make me cringe. i'm thinking that when the wounds have healed (lol :P), i'll think about the scenarios and my performance so that i can actually learn from it..but right now, it's too painful to consciously try n remember.

Yay, I'm not alone. :)

Hello,

This MMI thing is like what you will have every year once you get into med school. MMI follows OSCE clinical exam at the end of each year where each station presents with a clinical problem, and you need to do History and Physical Exam to figure outproblems. SOmetimes they ask you how to investigate and treat the problems.

For those of you who will be admitted, OSCE will be familiar to you by the end of first year.

Archived