Premed 101 Forums

If you were the Prime minister, how would you deal with national debt?

So the question in the title is just an example of some of these social issue type questions I've been seeing and was wondering if any of you who have interviewed already have come across these kinds of questions? I just want to know how important it is for me to be a politician on top of everything else we apparently have to be....:confused:

Interesting question, i have a feeling it probably wouldn't been asked becuase you may require some understanding of economics, a social question on the canadian medicare system is far more likely.

Although the answer from the most general sense is you tax more or spend less, after you've narrwoed it down to that the issue becomes infinitely more complex.

I don't believe the mission in afganistan is a waste of money, and that feeling as been reinforced after I listened to Gen. Romeo Daillare speak last friday. Nor do I think it's possible for a Canadian Prime Minister to end so called "needless war" anyways, all we can do is not be involved in them. Which we currently aren't.

But as to the larger question to answer it you have to decide for yourself what role you think government should play in a country and go from there.

Archived