Premed 101 Forums

My verifiers are being called. What does it mean?

My ladyfriend got called by UA this morning to verify an activity.

She was really happy because she thinks that I'm at least not rejected. Her reasoning is that no school would verify activities for rejects.

I'm thinking schools verify activities for everyone, rejected or not (mainly because I dont' think they started ranking applicants)

What's the deal? Does anyone know?

Everyone who gets an interview is being considered. Other schools such as UofC and UBC contact people who get rejected but I'm not sure about UofA. I doubt they have made their descisions yet though.

Hey Nephets, I was wondering why they would spend their resources contacting verifiers for people who are rejected already. Are they trying to not give away who has been rejected yet?

They don't know who is rejected yet. All I meant is they contact verifiers of people who will be rejected in the end.

Just to verify what Nephets said of UBC - successful applicants at UBC may or may not have any of their referees or verifiers contacted. Got this info from first year med students at UBC who have either said their contacts were checked or not at all.

Every student that gets in here gets a verifier checked. We have one girl in our class who got accepted, but was told her acceptance would be rescinded if she did not provide verifiers for all of her activities within 1 week (some of her activities did not have verifiers).

Word. :cool:

To my knowledge, none of mine have been contacted :confused:

Perhaps they just didn't mention it to me...(trying to remain postive...haha:eek: )

I'm not in touch with some of mine...I contacted a couple last week and asked them to let me know if someone calls, but there are still a few I haven't called. I should remember to do it tomorrow.

Archived