Premed 101 Forums

Do I have a chance with a weighted GPA of 3.8?

I have been pondering about this for a while and cant seem to get it off my head. I want to know if I will be at a big disadvantage if I apply this year with a wgpa of 3.8 given that I meet the mcat cutoffs. I do have 2yrs worth of research at 2 different labs and avg extracurriculars.

WGPA means weighted right?

For sure apply! When it comes to med school applications you never know how it's gonna turn out and as long as you meet the minimums definitely apply to every school where you're willing to go. The only instances when I would advise against applying is with schools that have hard cut-offs like Queen's and Western and you know for sure that yours don't meet them.

For sure! apply because YOU NEVER KNOW! and even for cutoff schools, I recommend to apply. Alpine's advice is very sound, but this year queen's cutoffs changed drastically. Law applied thinking he wouldnt get an interview at but ended up getting one.

Bottom line..you dont know PERIOD. Apply and hope for the best.

Just apply. You never know.

My MCAT was a steaming pile of crap and I interviewed at UofT yesterday. UofT is fair in looking over your whole application, give it a shot, you might be pleasantly surprised.

just curious... when you say pile of crap, what are we looking at here?

Are you talking about Queen's or UoT? Alastriss was talking about this year's Queen's cutoffs.

Oh, my bad.

This is the UofT board, so I assumed he was talking about UofT. As for Queen's, yea, you need an R. Needless to say I did not receive an interview :(.

yeah sorry we were talking about queen's because I was showing one poster, who wasn't confident about his UT wGPA, how you never know how the cutoffs will change, and people who applied but didnt expect anything did get something. I used queen's as an example. Sorry for the confusion!

yeah sorry we were talking about queen's because I was showing one poster, who wasn't confident about his UT wGPA, how you never know how the cutoffs will change, and people who applied but didnt expect anything did get something. I used queen's as an example. Sorry for the confusion!

no no, the err was on my part. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived