Premed 101 Forums

LizzyM score calculation

Hey...Pardon my ignorance but I have been unable to find answers on SDN regarding these questions so any help would be great!:

1. What is the LizzyM score and how can it be calculated?

2. Where in MSAR can I get information on % of OOS/Canadians accepted?

Thanks.

LizzyM is an ad comm member who came up with a quick and dirty way to see if you are competitive for a school.

GPA x 10 + mcat score = LizzyM score

If your LizzyM score is at least equal to the school's mean LizzyM score then you are competitive.

Hey...Pardon my ignorance but I have been unable to find answers on SDN regarding these questions so any help would be great!:

1. What is the LizzyM score and how can it be calculated?

2. Where in MSAR can I get information on % of OOS/Canadians accepted?

Thanks.

2. Under each school's section, they have a breakdown of # of applicants and # accepted. If I remember correctly, the table also had a breakdown of in-state vs. out-of-state vs. international.

Wouldn't the LizzyM score not really apply to Canadians since, we're considered in a different pool (ex. internationals) where it is certainly more competitive?

Hey...

Yeah I guess so...but just to get a general idea..

Anyway, theres another tool I found at SDN which lets you incorporate OOS or instate into calculation of your score and allows you to figure out probabilities of getting into atleast one school from a number of schools. The guy who created it has put up a pdf of the score calculating tool.

If anyone gets the time to try it out...lemme know. I believe this is more accurate than the LizzyM score on its own

The link to the SDN discussion: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=501791

The tool: http://www.2shared.com/file/2941574/98a32e56/Med_School_Probabilities.html

• 4 weeks later...
Wouldn't the LizzyM score not really apply to Canadians since, we're considered in a different pool (ex. internationals) where it is certainly more competitive?

It works only for private schools that don't discriminate and SUNY upstate. Regardless, Canadians are a "special" kind of international :D.

Archived