Premed 101 Forums

Honours vs General.

It's different for every school though so if you find a program you like with courses you can handle the honors title may come in handy down the road. I know a lot of people who did the honors route and have heard mixed reviews but it seems like the ones who enjoyed it were the ones who would have taken the course required for honors anyways, even if they weren't going to get the title.

I wanted to do physiology and the only program available was honors. It was hard (well the three years I did before jumping ship to med) but I found especially third year prepped me well. Lots of people had their GPA slaughtered in third year and decided to switch out of the program to general science in fourth year to boost it.

That being said BJ, in fourth year, the faculty takes care of you reeeeeaaaallly well. People who are high flyers will do well in both programs, and will be happier for the honours program. People on the bubble will get eaten in an honours program, but will do decently in general. It's a tough decision, for sure.

Word. :cool:

Archived