Premed 101 Forums

UWO interview-thoughts?

I guess mine went pretty okay. One of my interviewers had their head down writing the entire time. The other one kept on smirking and I think he was at one point on the brink of bursting into laughter lol and he kind of challenged me on whether or not I was being genuine in my desire to pursue dentistry because I mentioned I had a lot of work and volunteer experience at a hospital, various pharmacies and a mental health hospital. I really hope my interview was good enough. The other interviewer was very kind and very responsive, always nodding her head; it was kind of reassuring. Oh and mine lasted a little over 30 minutes.

Share your experiences if you'd like.

-WT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My interview could go either way. I twisted a story on the spot because I wanted to have an answer. Other than that, I had a similar experience to you. My interviewers sound exactly the same as yours. A girl (student), nice and agreeing, a dentist with an accent who kept looking down and was very serious, then an older man who was smiling half the time. I cracked a few jokes that may have cost me my interview, lol. I have a habit of joking too much, we'll see what happens.

I realized that for most of the interview I was slouched and leaning on one arm of the chair....really bad haha mine lasted for 20min? i'm not the very talkative type, and i think i could have said much more, but what can i do now heh

i was told there were 270 in the interview pool including transferred interview marks

I realized that for most of the interview I was slouched and leaning on one arm of the chair....really bad haha mine lasted for 20min? i'm not the very talkative type, and i think i could have said much more, but what can i do now heh

i was told there were 270 in the interview pool including transferred interview marks

yea that's a lot of people. I thought I had a good chance but once I found out that so many people were transferring their interview scores and that UWO was giving up those individual's spots to others it really got me nervous.

I think most of the people who transfered scores are already interested in another university...I just forwarded in my score just in case, might as well finish the process...so don't worry too much, i'm sure a fair portion of the 270 have no plans on going to western:)

I think most of the people who transfered scores are already interested in another university...I just forwarded in my score just in case, might as well finish the process...so don't worry too much, i'm sure a fair portion of the 270 have no plans on going to western:)

yea you're probably right, thanks for the reassurance and congrats on getting into UofT.

my interviwers were okay and I thought the interview generally went well....but one of the guys continuously rolled his eyes at my answers! i just tried to ignore this lol

oh that's so mean, you did the right thing by just ignoring it. I felt one of mine was also like that so I just continued to smile at him and acted very confident and acted as though everything was okay lol

hey guys,

i've heard that UWO releases your interview score (out of 35) to you. does anyone know when they release these?

i'm just wondering if you can find out your interview score before they send out acceptances, or if they only release that information following the first wave of acceptances. :rolleyes:

also, do they contact you and inform you of your interview score? or if you are interested, do you call UWO and they will tell you over the phone?

thanks

Ooops...just checked my email from last year and I realized that I had emailed Trish last year at the beginning of May and then mid May she told me my scores. Hope that helps!

oh wow, so you can know before the results are out??

Well Trish emailed me my interview scores on May 15 of last year (after I emailed her on May 1). I'm not sure when the early acceptances went out, I'm guessing somewhere around there. Also, remember that interviews were earlier last year as well by a week or so.

Well it all depends on what your GPA and DAT are like. If grades are about average then aim for above 28 or so. You should at least have around 25-26 for sure. If grades are a little low-ish then aim for above 30 for sure. And of course the higher the better. But even with a high interview score it does not guarantee admission after the interview, but it could get you on the waitlist.

if it's 60% grades, 15% DAT, 25% interview...do they only use your reading comprehension part for the 15%??

they only look at the RC mark to see if you meet the cutoff when they offer interviews. For the 15% when they are deciding admissions, they look at your AA score.

they only look at the RC mark to see if you meet the cutoff when they offer interviews. For the 15% when they are deciding admissions, they look at your AA score.

What?! That is crazy....is this from Trish? I thought both RC and AA were used in the 15%...that's a lot riding on one mark.

Archived