Premed 101 Forums

Course Cancellation

• 2 years later...

On a related note,

Let's say I decided to drop a class midsemester and got a "withdrawal" on my transcript, and next semester I took 6 classes, to have 5 full course equivalents for the year (4+6).

What effect would having a "withdrawal" on my transcript have for med admissions, and would 4 classes and 6 classes be counted as a full course load?

Thanks

On a related note,

Let's say I decided to drop a class midsemester and got a "withdrawal" on my transcript, and next semester I took 6 classes, to have 5 full course equivalents for the year (4+6).

What effect would having a "withdrawal" on my transcript have for med admissions, and would 4 classes and 6 classes be counted as a full course load?

Thanks

I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Does the withdrawal have academic penalty? If so, it counts as a fail (0 GPA).

If it is without academic penalty, it has no effect at all (you don't even enter it as a course taken).

Yes, that's a full courseload.

You have to withdraw before the "voluntary withdrawal" date or else it will count as a fail. If you're ahead of the deadline it only counts as VW on your transcript.

Great, thanks guys. And yes, I'm talking about withdrawal before the deadline for academic penalty, so it would be counted as "VW", "W", or something like that, not a failure.

Archived