Premed 101 Forums

raw score conversion chart

medisforme

sorry, i couldn't find this anywhere on aamc website and i did a search of threads here already. does anyone know where i can get a conversion chart from raw score to the scaled score?

Does the conversion change from year to year or is it relatively static. So that I know if i score a certain raw score and convert it, that will likely be my mcat score as well come test day (taking into account test day jitters etc.).

I remember seeing it on the AAMC website in the practice test section back when I had a Kaplan subscription

As far as I remember, here's a pretty accurate representation, assuming it's an AVERAGE test--this is for biosci I suppose. Also assuming there's 52 questions...which I think I remember there is :o .

15 = 52

14 = 51-50

13 = 49-47

12 = 46-43

11 = 42-38

10 = 38-34

9 = 34-30

etc etc. It all depends on the test. None of that is written in stone.

My Kaplan Book says this: (roughly)

PS

15= 43-52

14= 40-42

13= 37-39

12= 35-36

11= 32-34

10= 29-31

9= 27-28

VR

15= 40

14= 39

13= 38

12=37

11= 36

10= 35

9= 33-34

BS

15= 52

14= 49-51

13= 46-48

12=43-45

11= 40-42

10= 38-39

9= 35-37

sorry, i couldn't find this anywhere on aamc website and i did a search of threads here already. does anyone know where i can get a conversion chart from raw score to the scaled score?

Does the conversion change from year to year or is it relatively static. So that I know if i score a certain raw score and convert it, that will likely be my mcat score as well come test day (taking into account test day jitters etc.).

If you buy a test, or maybe not even.... they give you access to all scaled scores I found it logging in through my princeton online student section

The conversion tables vary frome test to test. It is a standardized test, meaning you aren't graded on percent correct but on what percentile you were in. A 15 could very well be 80% correct.

• 4 weeks later...
If you buy a test, or maybe not even.... they give you access to all scaled scores I found it logging in through my princeton online student section

yeah i got a 39/52 on 3R which only nabs a 9. However, a 36/52 on 5R nabs a 10 (bio). seems to be quite a bit of variation between test curves if you ask me.

Archived