Premed 101 Forums

WAITLIST UPDATE THREAD

Guest in the hot zone

Guest in the hot zone

Hey guys! For those who initially got an acceptance offer and decided to decline it, post it here so people in the Waitlist can keep track of the spots :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest winthrop123

Hey,

I am an out of province (NS) who got accepted. I am not going to take the offer because I am going to Ottawa instead. Hopefully this helps another OOP :)

Guest grandmellon

Good Luck to all the wait listers... I know for sure that some, if not all of you, will be joining us in September!

Hang in there

Have a good weekend

GM:)

Guest hopefulMD2be

I was reading on U of T's forum and came to know that university has sent 2 kinds of letters to people on waitlist. 2nd kind is for the people with less hope of being offered an admission. I am wondering if Mac too had similar thing (although doubtful) and so pasting below my letter. If someone has received a text different than given below, please post.

Dear ...

Our selection process for the Michael G. DeGroote Scool of Medicine Class of 2009 has now been completed.

Although you are not among the 148 to receive an offer of admission at this time, your name has been placed on the Wait List. In the event that applicant who were offered admission do not accept, we will make offers on a rolling basis, in rank order, to those on the Wait List. Please be assured that we will call you immediately if a space becomes available. However, you should note that if you have already accepted an offer at another Ontario University, or if your provisional acceptance becomes firm on July 3rd at another Ontario University, even if an opening becomes available at McMaster, you will not receive an offer from us.

Anyone offered admission from the Wait List is not eligible to apply for deferred registration.

Should a position become available, we will use the telephone number(s) and address(es) provided in your application. If your address and/or telephone number have been changed, please inform this office.

Good luck in the competetion for an offer to Medical School

Sincerely,

Guest ttryit

Wow, two days past the first round response deadline and no waitlist movement. Either everyone accepted mac, or they are taking forever to move paperwork.

ttry

Guest rubberoduck

I just got an email that I got off the waitlist. Good luck to other waitlisters. hope to see you all in september!

Guest daniB2006

For those of you who received e-mails stating that you have been moved off the wait list, at what time did you receive them and did you get a phone call as well?

Has anyone else received an e-mail?

Thanks!

PS. I am posting at 2:25pm... not sure why the time is wrong on the forum.

Guest rubberoduck

hi

I got the email at around 11:09am

I was in the lab this morning and went home for lunch. I just thought to check my email, not expecting this. This is the best day ever!

I had my phone with me this morning and did not get any calls, I think they're sending emails first, but you never know.

I replied at 12:49pm and got a response at around 2pm that they'll be sending an official package

hope this information is useful.

I might also add that in my email, they said that they will give waitlisters 2 weeks to reply, so maybe that's why things are moving slowly.

Guest Cheryl37

Hey,

They said we had 2 weeks to respond. I e-mailed her & she said that my package was on its way. I just sent out my transcript too, to prevent any delays.

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Guest rubberoduck

transcript? there was no mention of a transcript. What do they need our transcripts for? I thought they got that when we applied?

Guest omjum

Hi,

I also heard that I made it off the waitlist today - I got the e-mail at about 3:30pm. Mac's my first choice, so I'm going here and will cancel my accpetance at U of T. Good luck to everyone else!

Guest 2loony

Hopeful,

Yeah...I know how you feel...I hope that more calls come in the next few days.

Congrats to all who heard today..and good luck to all those who continue to wait.

2L

Guest Cheryl37

Don't panic! I just asked Wendy about it in my e-mail because I had been wondering about it...since I just finished my 3rd year I thought they might need it by a certain date.

I'm sure that they will tell you about it your package!

Guest daniB2006

Has anyone received any e-mails today? Do you think they have already contacted as many pple on the wait list as the number of rejections they received on May 29th?

Too anxious!

Guest hopefulmed

I did ask the admissions office and this is the reply that they gave me -

"The offers are a rolling process. A number of 'declines' came in over the past week from the first round of offers and these spots have been re-offered from the rank-ordered wait list. Those people have two weeks to respond and we will offer any declined positions as soon as we know they are declined. This carries on until the class is full"

Guest hopefulmed

hmm....so it seems to me that everyone they had to send an offer to from the waitlist after first round were sent an offer on tuesday......and the rest have to wait till these people reply....which is two weeks.

Good luck everyone! and congrats to those who made it......

Archived