Premed 101 Forums

WAITLIST UPDATE THREAD

Guest in the hot zone

Guest richfranklin

It's odd that not many people have posted waitlist acceptance for mac or many other medical schools? Is it that they havent gotten around to sending them all out or is it a lack of forum posters this year?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yangzie

hey everyone...

i thought i would help ease the tension in waiting...one of my friends got off waitlist yesterday...and one today...so don't give up hope yet! i'm sure more emails will go out!

gl everyone! :smokin

Guest richfranklin

Thanks for the heads-up Yangzie!!! Your awesome!

Do you know if your friends are taking the offers?

Thanks

Guest daniB2006

When do the pple from the wait list with offers have to tell MAC yes or No by?

Thanks guys... just trying to get an idea of when we are going to see some movement!

Guest Juls

i got an email from Wendy on wednesday (the 7th) saying that i was accepted! :) So for everyone else still waiting - hang in there!

Guest 2loony

Juls,

Congratulations! I am glad that the waitlist is still moving.

Can you post your stats for us if you don't mind?

Thanks

2L

Guest hopefulmed

I would hope some movement now.......since the two weeks to respond got over today..........fingers crossed....g'luck everyone still waiting........

Guest rubberoduck

actually, the last day is June 14, so don't despair, there's still time. (Plus, they won't call on the exact date, which means you will need to wait for a couple of days to hear from them)

Guest TheGlassMan2k8

I will be withdrawing from the waitlist, should be processed within a week or so. Thats one more place, best of luck.

Guest zambino

Hi everyone

Just found out I got in off the waitlist. I am OOP from BC. E-mail was sent today (Tuesday) at around 2PM PST.

Stats for anyone who is interested: 3rd year BA in Cognitive Systems at UBC. GPA 3.93. 20 years old.

Good luck to all the wait listers out there. There seems to be a good chance for everyone. But my strategy was to ASSUME that I am not going to get accepted so that there would be no disappointment...but that's just the way I approach anything, as it comes.

HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Hysterical.

Zambino

Guest 2loony

Glassman and Zambino,

Congratulations on your acceptances!

Also, thanks for keeping us updated..I was beginning to get really scared that the waitlist was no longer moving.

C'mon waitlist...keep on movin'!

Hopefully this will be the week for us!

2L

Guest zambino

daniB2006,

"I will prepare an offer package for you to be mailed

to your West Vancouver address. You will have two weeks to respond to the offer."

-- I am not sure if this means from the time of the package mailing (which would be hard to determine), or from the receipt of the e-mail. I am guessing it is the latter.

Good luck guys, hopefully that waitlist will get exhausted to high hell! :-)

Guest rubberoduck

I can't say for sure, but I think it's usually the date on the admission letter, because it's easier to date. For example, my latter is dated May 30, so I sent my stuff in before June 14th just to be on the safe side. I know I can do it in that time, so I didn't bother to ask. In your case, since you're so far away, it's safer to email Wendy and confirm rather than guess which day it is. In the mean time, I suggest that you order your transcript (if you plan to mail it with your deposit) early, because I ran in to the problem where my school took over a week to print and send the transcript (I had it mail to the recipient directly, because there would be no question of tampering). I was really scare when the transcript hadn't arrived 2 days before June 14th.

Guest richfranklin

Yeah!! let us hope that they come today and that they come in a huge batch!! :D

Good luck everyone! I wish you guys the best!

Guest daniB2006

Do you guys think there will be any more waitlist movement? I guess now we are awaiting those that are provisional to be accepted at their school of choice?

best of luck to those still waiting.

moi

Guest 2loony

Hi all!

So here I sit..still waiting.

Hopefully, there will be some more invites this week. If not, I think our best bet will be closer to July 3.

Good luck to all those waiting! Please keep us posted!

:\

2L

Guest richfranklin

Man...the wait is driving me craaaazzzzy!!!

I hope the class is not full. I would guess they would send out an email if it was...

I wish Mac would tell you where you are on the list!!|I

Guest in the hot zone

I know it's frustrating but there's nothing we can do but wait. You can always divert your attention by keeping yourself busy such as concentrating on your summer job, volunteering or participating in summer festivals.

I expect a huge rush once the firm acceptance offers are finalized in about two weeks.

For the meantime, enjoy the summer! For the coming weekend, there's the TD Canada Trust Toronto Jazz Festival and The International Dragon Boat Race Festival. Of course, don't forget the Toronto Pride Parade this Sunday starting at 2:00 p.m. Hope to see you there!

Archived