Premed 101 Forums

Early acceptance-UWO

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's good to put faces to people who post on the forum

I was the realllllly nervous one, with the an extremely concerned look on her face :D

Hopefully I will see you in august!

:)

ur too cute! You just explained everyone's face that day, including my own!! :D

hey guys, just a question..how do early acceptances work at western..did u end up applying in 3rd year but start in 4th year? So when should we apply to get an early acceptance? Thank u in advance!

hey,

UWO sends out their acceptances at the end of june/beginning of july. however, they offer "early acceptance" to 15 people around mid-May. So early acceptance has nothing to do with after what year of undergrad you get into dental school (and is also not affected by when you apply), but if you are ranked in the top 15 people post-interview then you will get offered acceptance in May instead of June/July.

hope that helps!

Wow....there are a lot of "early acceptance" students on here... anyone not 100% sure if they will be going to Western?

Anyone waitlisted or accepted elsewhere and is either still trying to make a decision or still waiting to hear from other schools?

Congrats to all you guys who got acceptances!!! :)

I'm just wondering what your stats are like in terms of percentages and DAT - if you don't mind sharing them that is..

I'm so nervous- jus want to see if I have a chance hahaha.. I have 83% and around 20 acedemic average..

Wow....there are a lot of "early acceptance" students on here... anyone not 100% sure if they will be going to Western?

Anyone waitlisted or accepted elsewhere and is either still trying to make a decision or still waiting to hear from other schools?

hope you make it in AllSmiles... looking at all your posts you seem really dedicated... i opened up a facebook group and if every1 accepting the offers joins the group than we can know how many did not accept early offers..

lol yeah, she basically said the entire pool of applicants is 'promising' ahaha

nope, no summer credits

hahah yeah.. wasn't the initial cutoff for interviews set at the best 2 years averaging to ~ 84%ish?

so like allsmiles said, it's pretty much down to the interview, as everyone who got an interview would have a competitive GPA to begin with! :eek:

Trish said in one of her e-mails that the admissions committee would be meeting the 3rd week of June (i.e. next week) and that they would hopefully let us know the week after (June 23-27). However, on the website it says that "results of the meeting are made known by July 1", which mean that at the latest, we would probably hear back two weeks after the admissions committee meets.

Sooo... only 2-3 more weeks to wait! :eek:

Archived