Premed 101 Forums

RE: Cycle 2 of Waitlist

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just seems kind of strange to me that there weren't more people posting about being accepted off the waitlist the week after the provisional acceptances. I know the forums aren't an exact representation of how many people are getting in off the waitlists, but why does it seem like there are almost no calls going out, especially after the provisional dates? Rumour has it that there were new employees on the Schulich admissions team, so could it be that they are just taking longer to process all the information?

The way I understand it, the provisional acceptance date really doesn't itself play too much of a role in making the waitlist move. I think what happens on the provisional acceptance date is strictly that the waitlist shrinks as people who have been accepted elsewhere and had accepted their spots provisionally get removed from the various waitlists they're on. I'm not sure how situations where people have provisionally accepted at one school but have an outstanding offer from the waitlist at another school are handled, but I'd imagine that they have additional time (until their second offer expires) to decide.

Hey guys,

I just heard the good news today- I'm amped to go to Western!

To those of you still on the waitlist- keep the faith. Even if you don't get in this time around, good things happen if you persist, and remember that the process can be random as hell sometimes.

Congratulations guys!

I really like Windsor, and probably would have picked it if my mom had not sold our lovely house and moved in December (therefore removing my free housing, boo.)

If any of you can actually afford to buy a house (I know, unlikely) Windsor is a veritable gold mine of nice houses at really low prices, due to the economy being in the pits... due to the troubles of Ford and GM.

I got that wonderful call today offering me a seat at the Windsor campus around 10am PST. Darla said they'd be mailing the package tomorrow morning via XpressPost. I was really starting to lose hope. For those on the wait list, hang in there... calls are still going out!

To those going to Windsor, has anyone started a facebook group yet?

Just a curious question:

Did the call's caller ID say "unknown"?

Did they call repeatedly at the same number for those of you who missed the call the first time? Or did they just immediately call the secondary number?

Hey Alastriss,

I only supplied one number, but they left a message on my answering machine when they didn't get a hold of me. My phone's caller ID isn't working, so I can't comment on that part.

Archived