Premed 101 Forums

UofT... Mandatory Laptop... FTW!

i wonder what kind of "requirements" they have....i mean...why does it HAVE to have a particular processor, amount of ram, screen size, and OS? as long as it can run the applications that you need to use...its fine...

Hey celeron_266, i thought you were accepted into UBC! I guess you were also offered admissions at U of T? If so, where will you be going, if you don't mind me asking,

- al01

I checked the link just now and it worked fine!

This irks me a bit:

Question : 01. Do I have to own a laptop computer to enter the DDS program? ‎(1)

Yes, all students entering the DDS program must own a laptop computer that is able to connect to the Dentistry wireless network as an entrance requirement.

Entrance requirement? Nobody ever said that. (I was going to get one anyway so it doesn't matter to me that much.).

And thank goodness I procrastinate and didn't buy an Apple yet as I had intended to.

we need to get laptops...? was an email sent out or something that I didn't get...?

Apparently so...Go email the office.

I checked the link just now and it worked fine!

This irks me a bit:

Question : 01. Do I have to own a laptop computer to enter the DDS program? ‎(1)

Yes, all students entering the DDS program must own a laptop computer that is able to connect to the Dentistry wireless network as an entrance requirement.

Entrance requirement? Nobody ever said that. (I was going to get one anyway so it doesn't matter to me that much.).

And thank goodness I procrastinate and didn't buy an Apple yet as I had intended to.

Apparently so...Go email the office.

hurts to be shafted from the mailing list lol. Thanks for letting me know I'll contact them

I just checked the requirements for the laptop that UofT mandates.

Pretty much, make sure you can connect to the net via wireless and have enough RAM and hard drive. Nothing much more to it. IMO, anything newer than 5yrs will cut it.

Oh, and they suggest its better if you dont use mac. Personally, I'm no fan of Macs either.

For the same coin, go grab a Sager. That's where it's at.

http://www.sagernotebook.com/category.php

.... because you know you need a gaming laptop for Dental school. ;)

well i am getting a tablet...the HP one to be exact (TX2500)

good price...good performance..its based on the AMD processor though so some of you guys may not like it (i dont really mind given that all my computers are AMD based)

Looks good.

If you're still deciding, check this link out for other users' opinions and discussion: http://www.tabletpcreview.com/default.asp?newsID=1213

If you want to save a buck and don't mind buying used, check the "Buy, Sell, Trade" subforum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived