Premed 101 Forums

amazing video

Guest iwannaplaylock

Guest iwannaplaylock

Just amazing. Makes me reminisce about my old martial arts day too bad it has no carry over value in a street fight unless you had a weapon.

Decent video, I think that thats just a bunch of choreographed tricks, but never the less I respect them and I see their difficulty. However martial arts such as judo and muhi thai is where its at. I for one practice judo cause I love slaming people, and I can defend a aggressor with little damage to myself or the agressor.

My favorite videos to get me motivated: Trust me watch these

1) art of the slam -

2) MMA highlight with micheal jackson soundtrack -

Consider yourselves lucky to be in the infancy of the greatest sport of all time - mixed martial arts, jump on the bandwagon now, July 19th affliction banned and UFC 88 -WATCH IT:D

WAR George St. Pierre

Guest iwannaplaylock
Wiki it. Lol. I think its sweet. I just can't find a lot of places that teach it around here though.

i looked at some stuff but i cannot really judge it because i know nothing about it and its all weapons too(i think). Chances are if someone draws a knife your certainly going to get stabbed even if your a 10th degree black belt but if you have been taught well there are ways protect yourself and significantly reduce damage.

Guest iwannaplaylock
Decent video, I think that thats just a bunch of choreographed tricks, but never the less I respect them and I see their difficulty. However martial arts such as judo and muhi thai is where its at. I for one practice judo cause I love slaming people, and I can defend a aggressor with little damage to myself or the agressor.

My favorite videos to get me motivated: Trust me watch these

1) art of the slam -

2) MMA highlight with micheal jackson soundtrack -

Consider yourselves lucky to be in the infancy of the greatest sport of all time - mixed martial arts, jump on the bandwagon now, July 19th affliction banned and UFC 88 -WATCH IT:D

WAR George St. Pierre

thank you mr obvious lol jk(i always wanted to say that lol sorry)

EDIT: I used to watch MMA(ufc) when i was in grade 8(when nobody even knew what it was) but its been corrupted by so much bs now i dun even bother.

thank you mr obvious lol jk(i always wanted to say that lol sorry)

EDIT: I used to watch MMA(ufc) when i was in grade 8(when nobody even knew what it was) but its been corrupted by so much bs now i dun even bother.

haha, perhaps it is obvious but youd be suprised at how ignorant people can be about this stuff. People see jet li and jackie chan and think there the greatest fighters in the world.

Anyways, with regard to the corruption and bs, I got news for you I also watched the old UFC's, Prides, shooto, king of Pancrase and what not and mma is on a new level compared to what it was 15 years ago. Besides your ignorant to the corruption and bs in the earlier days of the UFC. The entire competition was run by the gracies, that means rules, refs etc, and to a large degree opponents were handpicked for the gracie family.

Sure there is some WWE stuff in mma today, but thats how the sport is growing, fans love entertainment. But like I said, fighters today are on a whole nother level.

Maybe your refering to some other bull****? or corruption? I have some idea of what your talking about but this sport is in its infancy, it will outgrow that crap and wont succumb to the same **** boxing has.

See what you did there, you done got me mad. :mad: better watch out im'a judo throw you:D

Edit: BTW what you think of the videos

Chances are if someone draws a knife your certainly going to get stabbed even if your a 10th degree black belt but if you have been taught well there are ways protect yourself and significantly reduce damage.

Guess what martial arts is more than just cool tricks, I condition my body pretty well, so I know that I 'm hgenerally more fit than the average guy. This works together with the violence as a last resort philosophy preached by most martial arts. Case in point I dont pick fights, and beyond that if somebody pulls a knife you got options beyond fighting them, you can heed to their demands, or you can run, and both are viable options.

Guest iwannaplaylock
haha, perhaps it is obvious but youd be suprised at how ignorant people can be about this stuff. People see jet li and jackie chan and think there the greatest fighters in the world.

Anyways, with regard to the corruption and bs, I got news for you I also watched the old UFC's, Prides, shooto, king of Pancrase and what not and mma is on a new level compared to what it was 15 years ago. Besides your ignorant to the corruption and bs in the earlier days of the UFC. The entire competition was run by the gracies, that means rules, refs etc, and to a large degree opponents were handpicked for the gracie family.

Sure there is some WWE stuff in mma today, but thats how the sport is growing, fans love entertainment. But like I said, fighters today are on a whole nother level.

Maybe your refering to some other bull****? or corruption? I have some idea of what your talking about but this sport is in its infancy, it will outgrow that crap and wont succumb to the same **** boxing has.

See what you did there, you done got me mad. :mad: better watch out im'a judo throw you:D

Edit: BTW what you think of the videos

sorry what i meant by saying ufc is i meant mma(cause a lot of ppl dun noe what mma is). I used to watch king of the cage(here in BC) and some pride thats about it. The bs i am taking about is the fighters now are more like walking billboards and so much other similar bs. The meaning of martial arts was corrupted. I really dun want to take this into detail.... The videos were ok.

Case in point I dont pick fights, and beyond that if somebody pulls a knife you got options beyond fighting them, you can heed to their demands, or you can run, and both are viable options.

See I often find it hard to think that MA will be able to significantly help you if a guy or two pulls a knife on you, but I guess its just me.

Guess what martial arts is more than just cool tricks, I condition my body pretty well, so I know that I 'm hgenerally more fit than the average guy. This works together with the violence as a last resort philosophy preached by most martial arts. Case in point I dont pick fights, and beyond that if somebody pulls a knife you got options beyond fighting them, you can heed to their demands, or you can run, and both are viable options.

If someone is pulling a knife on you, it means that they are already unconfident of their ability to take you in a fair fight. If you don't want to fight them (which is highly sensible), it's not hard to capitilize on the fact that they are already afraid. I have talked guys who have pulled a knife on me into walking away because they don't think they will win. Intimidation is not to be underestimated when done properly.

Guest iwannaplaylock
If someone is pulling a knife on you, it means that they are already unconfident of their ability to take you in a fair fight. If you don't want to fight them (which is highly sensible), it's not hard to capitilize on the fact that they are already afraid. I have talked guys who have pulled a knife on me into walking away because they don't think they will win. Intimidation is not to be underestimated when done properly.

why would anybody pull a knife on you?(unless they wanted to rob u)

Archived