Premed 101 Forums

General Chm requirement

I contacted Tufts about their chem lab requirement and it was just a first year chem lab that they wanted, they didn't call it general chem though, they called it inorganic. In general when they say general chem lab requirement they want you to have the standard 1st year chem lab.

thnx for your reply OutEast, i just called Temple today and they also confirmed that a biochem lab would not do. I was just a bit confused because some of my friends applying to med in the states apparently could sub biochem lab for general/inorganic chm. But i guess the dental schools i m applying to are different. anywayz, thnx for the reply!

thnx for your reply OutEast, i just called Temple today and they also confirmed that a biochem lab would not do. I was just a bit confused because some of my friends applying to med in the states apparently could sub biochem lab for general/inorganic chm. But i guess the dental schools i m applying to are different. anywayz, thnx for the reply!

yeah.. you definitely cannot use biochem lab as a substitute for general chem.

however, i called 5 or so schools and they all said they would accept physical chemistry lab as a substitue of general/inorganic chem lab..

Archived