Premed 101 Forums

research opportunities for mac students

hi,

to be honest, i don't really want to do research, but i realize it can help a lot for residency matching. at the moment i'm thinking i want to do IM and then GI, but obviously that can change a lot, so i was wondering when do mac students do any research since we won't have any summers? is it possible to do it during the year, and typically when do people do research (ie during 2nd year?) and when do you go looking for supervisors and that stuff??

Thats a lot of questions, but i will appreciate any input you may have. Thanks!!

hi,

to be honest, i don't really want to do research, but i realize it can help a lot for residency matching. at the moment i'm thinking i want to do IM and then GI, but obviously that can change a lot, so i was wondering when do mac students do any research since we won't have any summers? is it possible to do it during the year, and typically when do people do research (ie during 2nd year?) and when do you go looking for supervisors and that stuff??

Thats a lot of questions, but i will appreciate any input you may have. Thanks!!

I had the impression you could do research for some of your electives. Especially your first elective in pre clerk year which is 7 weeks. Plus there is a lot of 'extra' time in pre clerk that you could do it part time like other students spend extra time in the hospital learning the clinical part of medicine.

Archived