Premed 101 Forums

Interview Prep Books

In response to many emails yes the interview prep books are still available. Many people on this forum had bought them and had success getting into dental school for the fall. Congratulations to everyone who got in! And for those of you who didn't I encourage you to follow up on your applications and improve on them so you'll have a better application next year.

Any questions about my books feel free to email me: cdainterviewbook@hotmail.com

Hey! Where ya been CDAint!

I used these books and found them very helpful. This was my first time applying, and I applied to only UofT and UWO. I was accepted to both; UofT first-round, UWO off the wait-list. Below is a review of the CDAint book that I made a few months ago. My opinion holds, but it is nothing more than that. Good Luck to all....

Short Answer: Buy it.

Long Answer: Put things in perspective and evaluate your options.

-The books that CDAint is selling cost 70$ combined, which you get as soon as you pay for them, as they're sent as pdf's, allowing you to prepare as soon as you've sent the funds. No time is wasted on shipping, etc so once you've made your purchase, you're out of the gates.

-While you can find sample interview q's on the web, why waste time fishing around? The CDAint book provides q's that have been asked in the past at CDA interviews. Are the q's you find on Google official CDA?

-Putting together an answer for a question is one thing, but putting together a solid 5pt score worthy answer is another. The CDAint book guides you in developing your answers (with real q's), providing sample answers, as well as some unanswered q's so you can really think for your self.

-Lastly, and most importantly, what's your reason not too? How much does $70 mean to you. Put it this way: Re-applying to even one school is more expensive than these books. A year that you're not training to become a dentist is IMO worth more than $70. How much is a year of life worth to you? Anything you can do to make yourself more attractive in the eyes of the AdCom is worth the investment, now. The author is legit. I've done my homework and checked him out. I've seen his acceptance letters and I know his qualifications.

This is his first publication, so you could argue that you don't need this book, as others in the past have been accepted without it. Yes, you can use the STAR method, set business interview practice sessions at career services, etc. But for $70, this is not a bad deal no matter how you slice it, and will get you thinking of what an exceptional interview answer is, rather than the acceptable answer that Career Services condition you towards.

Now, understand that this book is not a get out of jail free. You could prep with this book and get rejected, you could prep without it and get accepted-- just like a prep course. However, finding valid practice material is not easy, so this definitely qualifies as a viable option. IMO this book is not a be all end all. You must supplement it with interview sessions, if only to have your voice, volume, tone, rapport, eye-contact, comfort with answering a random question spontaneously, etc assessed by someone else.

Just be sure to do your hmwk, find out what's best for you, and take every possible measure you can to make yourself stand out and collect an acceptance.

I agree.

I will be applying next cycle and if I manage to land any interviews this book will be my first resource. Many students have the intelligence to answer the interview questions but most do not know what a perfect answer should look like. This book allows you to develop your own answers but following an exceptional guideline.

Arnie, I've been around. I had to help my girlfriend get ready to move to London to do her medical residency at UWO. Other than that I remodeled my bathroom - for all you future dentists develop a love for contracting cause that's basically what you'll be doing inside someone's mouth out with the bad in with the new haha

Archived