Premed 101 Forums

Stupid things you have done

p3t3r1

What are some of the stupid things you have done in your life?

For me, when I was 10 years old, I found an electrical cord with the wire cut off at one end. Silly me, I decided to plug the cord into the plug to see what would happen. Needless to say, electrical sparks flew out and I almost got electrocuted. I blow the fuse on the entire floor of the apartment. I got a good beating from my mom I remember afterwards..

When I was 5 or 6, I saw some cartoon on TV and decided it would be cool to have a cross on my forhead. So I took a plastic sword and decided to cut out a cross on my forehead. I was stopped by my grandmother before any serious damage occured.

I am pretty sure there are more, just can't remember off the top of my head now.

So what's yours?

________

GLASS PIPE PICTURES

1) Added Law to my MSN

2) Ate ham from the foodbank (threw up violently on the floor before I could even make it to the bathroom in my 1-bedroom apt)

Don't lie, that day was the day your life was changed infinitely for the better. :P

Stupid things I've done... hmm, there are far too many to list. I wonder how stupid I want people to think I am.... Fine, I will list the absolute stupidest thing I have done.

Okay, back when I was in high school, I got up one morning and as I was getting ready for school realized that my contact lenses (back then I wore contacts) were not in their container. So, I just assumed that I left them in my eye. I looked in the mirror and couldn't really see them... buf upon "feeling my eye" I could feel a thick coat over my pupil, and assumed this was them. I then tried for hours to moisten it with contact solution and remove it.

Finallly, I went to the place I got my contact lenses from and she tells me - "Lawrence, there are no contact lenses in your eyes. That layer you're talking about is part of your eye."

:eek: Yes, I'm an idiot sometimes, I know.

There was also the time I was looking for my glasses while I was wearing them... or the time I ran into a tree as I was trying to throw a snowball at someone and cut my ear...

Okay, back when I was in high school, I got up one morning and as I was getting ready for school realized that my contact lenses (back then I wore contacts) were not in their container. So, I just assumed that I left them in my eye. I looked in the mirror and couldn't really see them... buf upon "feeling my eye" I could feel a thick coat over my pupil, and assumed this was them. I then tried for hours to moisten it with contact solution and remove it.

Finallly, I went to the place I got my contact lenses from and she tells me - "Lawrence, there are no contact lenses in your eyes. That layer you're talking about is part of your eye."

I almost sprayed tea all over my monitor when I read that.:D :D

Haha, actually, my doctor said my eyes are very very sensitive and the contacts were apparently really depriving them of oxygen or something. So I was like, meh, I'll just wear glasses. Although, I hear that there's O2 friendly contacts now... maybe I'll give them a shot. :P

In 2nd year I had a student leadership job. I posted a [joke] racist photo on my facebook without realizing my profile wasn't private then. Someone took major offense to it and got me fired/in trouble with the Edmonton police (who never did anything because they realized I had never so much as even got a speeding ticket). Fortunately I had like 3 weeks left in my term with the job so it didn't really matter.

I also went streaking through res while I had that job, which got me walking on a thin line before the racist photo.

Oops.

Oh, the stupid things I've done...

*as a child, I grabbed the wrong end of a recently extinguished sparkler; a blistered thumb and forefinger on your main hand suck

*ran into a metal pole partway into my early teens; it nailed me right above the eye, causing the muscles in my eyebrow to shut down for a while, in turn making my eyebrow fall and partially cover my eye

*eaten a teaspoon of pure italian pepper that you put on pasta; sufficed to say that night on the trip I drank the majority of the water at the dinner table

Strangely enough, university hasn't made me any more stupid.

Dumb things that I did, hmmm

When I was 10 I amost burned my parent house down in a science experiment. I had DC motor i was trying to run over AC with a transformer. Left the stupid thing plugged in when I went outside to play. Came back and the entire house was full of smoke, with a sparking pile of stuff in the basement. Parents were not happy!

In high school I had to weigh the parent in a crucible that we heated under burner for 15 minutes on full. In a brain flash I decided to pick it up before it cooled to carry it to the scale at the front of the room. Didn't even feel pain for a few seconds there, before throwing a super heated crucible to the ground. Lucky it didn't bounce etc and hurt someone else! Couldn't even open my hand for a week after that.

and to make matter worse I had to repeat the experiment to weight it again :) - with just my left hand later on.

No one is immune to stupidity!

When I was 10/11, I was in my dad's truck. I pushed in one of those cigarette lighters and I looked inside. Ended up sticking my finger inside to see if it was hot:P

Ended up burning the end of my finger badly. Embarassed by what I did, I sucked on my finger for a few minutes before telling my parents. My mom freaked out and then they couldn't stop laughing.

*eaten a teaspoon of pure italian pepper that you put on pasta; sufficed to say that night on the trip I drank the majority of the water at the dinner table

This reminds me, I used to own a potted decorative pepper plant, like this:

istockphoto_2006729_decorative_pepper.jpg

One day I was like, "hmm, maybe these peppers are actually edible! :confused: " so I bit a tiny piece off of one - maybe like 0.5cm x 0.5 cm, at most. It burnt my throat so much, I could barely breathe! I was starting to get dizzy and at some point actually had to lie down on the cold floor because my body temp regulation was totally out of whack. I kept gasping for air and I had tears running out of my eyes. I was this close to calling the ambulance, lmao. About half an hour of hell later, the burning subsided, but I couldn't even talk for the rest of the day.:eek:

Hmm just remembered something else..

I once (after Chinese new year) grabbed some fireworks off the ground. I thought if I light the firework and throw it right away it wouldn't hurt me. Little I know the fuse is ultra short and I almost had my hand blown apart.

________

PAUL DAIMLER

Hahah, that reminds me... I once was lighting fireworks with friends, and we were burying them in these huge pots before lighting them. So we were lighting this monster one, and as we were backing away we were like... this is so weird, no soudn, no lights, it's just quiet... anyway we backed up and sat on the grass and all of a sudden, the pot explodes! Some genius had apparently stuck the firework in UPSIDE DOWN lol, so it exploded INTO the pot. Luckily, it was full of a lot of dirt (it was a huge, huge pot) so the dirt absorbed most of explosion and the glass wasn't sent flying like shrapnel. :rolleyes:

Archived