Premed 101 Forums

Stupid things you have done

p3t3r1

When I was in kindergarten I distinctly remember this...

Did any of you make pictures of spiders with paint and straws when you were little? Anyway, we were doing that and instead of blowing through the straw to send the paint in various directions I decided to suck it up and swallow it.

I think that story explains a lot now.

Guest EmergencyDude
I'm going to go ahead and say my ex-girlfriend.

Agreed.

Anyways, stupid things I've done are:

After watching Jaws and being terrified of sharks, my parents one day decided to take us to the beach. I had little courage going into the water, but it had to be really shallow - near my toes, otherwise I'd feel terrified and break free.

After awhile, (at the beach) my mom got mad at me for not swimming and she DEMANDED that I go a little deeper! This is how the convo went between my mom and I:

Mom: Go swim! Go swim with the other kids!

Me: I don't want tooo!

Mom: Go you little pansy!

Me: *stares*

Mom: *stares*

My thought: She's really serious...

So what I did was dip my head in the water and out and said, "Is that enough?! Do you want more?! Huh?! Do you like that?! Is that deep enough for you?!" and then I started to cry.

Sad day.

Since that incident... my parents know that I am afraid of the water, except in a Jacuzzi. :) (Oh yeah, btw I was always afraid of the water, even before Jaws - which made the scenario even worse.)

I guess you could say thats funny/ stupid.

When I was in grade 6 I decided to go through my parent's room. Hidden underneath the bed I found a suitcase with an unlocked padlock...

Suffice to say I could not look at my parents in the face for more than a week afterwards. Luckily the emotional scars have faded since then. =P

Wow, SUITCASE. Those people don't joke around!:D

lots of good stories and here and lots of firework stories as well.

all are around age 7

Mine:

In india we have a festival called Diwali(festival of lights = a lot of fireworks), so the next day my friends and I collected all the fireworks that did not blow up, got a big newspaper and emptied all the gunpowder stuff into a neat little pile where a little goes a long way. So my friend told me to light a match and throw it, instead I took the match right to the pile and it went boom. My hand was severely burned and some of my nails came off, had it bandaged for a while. Surprisingly my hand came out looking brand new after recovery with a little scar on my wrist.

At another time me and my brother were playing with matches and tried to light up a tree in my backyard on fire..fire department came and we got in trouble

At another time we had a repair man come to fix our tv which required some soldering...now this soldering iron was about 4x bigger than a normal iron. so the metal part is about a quarter in diameter. It was still plugged in and the metal gave a rainbowish looking glaze which drew me in when no one was in the room. I grabbed that thing right by the hot metal and it burnt me pretty pretty bad.

This just happened recently

It was the last exam i would ever write in high school (chemistry). With a 90s average in the course I thought it wouldnt be a bad idea to party the night with all my friends who had to sit the same exam. We overendulged in vodka and got to bed at 4 in the morning. I was stil drunk when i wrote the exam

Needless to say my chem average fell to an 85. Oh well its not like it mattered :)

This just happened recently

It was the last exam i would ever write in high school (chemistry). With a 90s average in the course I thought it wouldnt be a bad idea to party the night with all my friends who had to sit the same exam. We overendulged in vodka and got to bed at 4 in the morning. I was stil drunk when i wrote the exam

Needless to say my chem average fell to an 85. Oh well its not like it mattered :)

Oh yes it did matter, one day thats gonna come back and haunt you!!

Guest EmergencyDude
Oh yes it did matter, one day thats gonna come back and haunt you!!

Nah, I don't think it will. Ever.

But that was a good one! (Dry Sarcasm)

1) First year party. I was suppose to JUST throw up in a toilet seat, but ended up dunking my face in toilet water for 10 seconds (man, those booze...). Memories, memories....

2) Farting really loud during 2nd year organic chem lab. Yes, everyone noticed....

I really gotta change my avatar name....

My lab partner was my girlfriend. I couldn't possibly do that:D

Hahaha, oh man, that must have made the situation so much funnier (from everyone else's perspective) and so much more embarrassing (from your perspective!).

Hope there weren't any open flames around.

Guest Wildboyz

One day my mom asked me to use the automatic can-opener to open a can of beans....

so I reach into the lower cabinet and take out a toaster.

My mom was like wtf?! Why did you bring a toaster?

In short, I wasn't paying attention to details... :D

Boy, I have done some stupid things in my lifetime.

However, one particular zinger I must get off my chest. I'm an older student who returned to school late, and in my infinite arrogance I essentially flipped off darn near every pre-med student at my school during the course of my first year. Words can not describe my regret at alienating such a bunch of talented, articulate, and interesting individuals by virtue of my being an enormously pompous prick. I regret this, utterly, and tread lightly to never repeat it.

Well, that's mine, how 'bouts the rest:)

Archived