Premed 101 Forums

do i stand a chance

Hi there just wondering how my stats would look like to canadian and international schools:

My overall gpa is 2.45 which includes 4 years total of uni but only 15 credits, which means that i did fail a few during first and second, :( however i went back for two years and recieved a 3.8 for that first year and 4.0 for the second. I got a high mark on the mcat so not worried abiout that at all just the gpa. Also, 4 credits are from one school (although i did take 9 courses all together.) and the other 11 are from another.

So basically my cgpa is horrible but my last two r pretty good. Where do i stand? Any suggestions, ur help is greatly apprecxiated. Thanks to everyone.

There are lots of threads about such situations, but the short answer is that you'll be fine at Dal (OOP or Maritime), Western (?), Queen's, and at least several others. Check the sticky thread at the top! If your ECs are just enough, I can't foresee any problem, particularly with those last two years - when do you finish?

I wont get a bachelors until two years from now, since i started fresh after transferring from my other uni. Now ive completed 11 credits for my new bachelors degree and just need nine more with specific courses for my program. The courses i took at the other uni basically dont matter anymore just for cgpa purposes since i have to include all of my transcripts.

Archived