Premed 101 Forums

DAT Score sufficient for US?

Hey

I am wondering whether it would be beneficial for me to write the American DAT this summer. (a bit late to ask i know :o )

My best set of canadian scores that I applied with are:

AA- 19

PAT- 18

Carving 21

My GPA (when converted by AADSAS) is ~3.5

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Hey

I am wondering whether it would be beneficial for me to write the American DAT this summer. (a bit late to ask i know :o )

My best set of canadian scores that I applied with are:

AA- 19

PAT- 18

Carving 21

My GPA (when converted by AADSAS) is ~3.5

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Yes. try to get above 20 on all sections. It is not late assuming that you have already submitted your applications and supplemental materials. If you write at the end of August or first week of september, I think you'll be ok. But sooner the better.

I agree. Those DAT scores aren't that bad. Your converted GPA is also above average relative to the GPA of the average matriculating U.S. dental student.

I think you'll be a competitive applicant. Just make sure you apply to a dental school that doesn't discriminate based on geographic origin. Private schools shouldn't....

All the best.

Apply now to US schools!

Over there they do rolling admissions, so the sooner u apply the higher your chances are of getting in.

Also, if you are applying to US schools, you should buy the ADEA Official Guide Book. It breaks down how many non-US applicants get into each school as well as a lot of other useful information like tuition, if they accept Canadian DAT, etc. Buy it from ADEA Website.

Question. If you write your US DATs after the canadian DATS, would you still have to report both scores on AADSAS?

Sigh...I don't know where to get any hands on training with carving. Rock the DAT decided to ignore me.

I know that AADSAS only asks for your most recent set of scores.

Archived