Premed 101 Forums

loan options

Hi...Does anyone know of a bank or other institution that offers loans to dental students where you don't have to pay monthly interest payments? It seems strange to me that you are expected to make monthly payments while you're in school...it's like you have to pay your loan from your loan, lol :confused:

ye.. i know.. scotia bank takes the interest out of your loan so its a bit more convenient... however, im still gonna go with rbc where my bank account is... they also take out the interest automatically but it is from your savings/cheqing account not the loc account... so you essentially just have to make sure that your bank account has enough money every month... also if the interest comes out of your savings/cheqing account its easier for you to know how much interest you are really paying so in a way it allows you to be more careful about the loan you borrow...

also, does anyone think paying 1.29$ per 1000$ borrowed every month (which adds up to more than 7500$ in the long run) on the loanprotector at rbc is a good idea?... it is a life/disability insurance on the loan...

Archived