Premed 101 Forums

Financial Forms & Information

THX

I was wondering what the deal is with the US financial forms needed to be filled out by Canadians? I know most are required to be completed at the time of interviews - what do these entail exactly?

I also received such a form with my Wayne State secondary - should I go to the bank and have the documents requested now or is it something I should only worry about if I get interviewed?

that's weird...the only time i was required to fill out a financial form was when i accepted an offer at one of the schools. ...basically they want to see that you are able to finance your 4 years of med school. i had to get an affidavit or something...i can't remember and im not good with financial stuff so ..yeah...lol sorry

"I have read this letter and understand that should I be accepted, Wayne State University School of Medicine will not be able to provide me with financial aid. I will provide the documentation and information to the School of Medicine Office of Admissions necessary for a student visa to be issued no later than April 30, 2009. "

I take that to mean if you get accepted, then you need to provide that information. Unless maybe you haven't interviewed by April 30, 2009. Then you could probably just contact them and ask them what you want to do. I think they just want the form right now so that if you get accepted and can't pay for it, it's not their problem because you agreed to their terms.

I'm starting at Wayne in a couple of weeks.

Fill out the form acknowledging that you are aware of the financial costs.

The April 30 deadline is pretty arbitrary, it just gives them more time to sort out the student visa stuff. I was accepted on April 30, and didn't get proof of financial support in until after that date.

You don't need anything major, depending on your situation. One of the bank managers who know my mom just faxed a thing in saying "a41's mom is a valued customer, etc. and has more than x amount in assets". I'm sure if you're getting a line of credit in order they can do something similar. Note that they only require you to demonstrate the ability to pay off 1 year's worth of expenses.

Archived