Premed 101 Forums

UBC immunization form

I was born in Korea and came to Canada when I was about 10.

Will my family doctor have the records of shots I got in Korea or do I have to contact somewhere else for these?

I just don't know where to start.

Do I bring the form to my doctor and ask him to fill out whatever is in the record? What if I can't find any records of all the shots I got in Korea? Do I have to get like million shots??!!! I hate needles!!!!!!!!!!

Will my family doctor have the records of shots I got in Korea or do I have to contact somewhere else for these?

Do I bring the form to my doctor and ask him to fill out whatever is in the record? What if I can't find any records of all the shots I got in Korea? Do I have to get like million shots??!!! I hate needles!!!!!!!!!!

You may not need 'a million' shots if you can show that you have immunity.

Go to your Uni's Health Services and tell them you'd like some blood-work done to verify your immunity. Or your family doc, whoever is cheaper.

The school physicians will fill out the paper work and send you to the blood lab. They'll stick a needle in you, drain some blood and do the tests on it. You'll have the results in ~10 days.

They can check for things like MMR (mumps, measels, rubella), Hep B, etc.

For starters, call the school and tell them you ish.

Needles >>>> waiting for them.

Get used to needles man cause you'll be getting them the entire time you're in D school and the entire time you practice after. Personally I'd rather have a needle than get sick; I got a flu shot this year and I didn't get sick for the frst time in like 4 yrs. It was pretty sweet to have no lost time due to sickness.

you dont have records from korea?

since you are an immigrant...when you start school here...the school board MUST ask your parents for your past immunization record.....so first ask your parents first...the school board may also have your immunization record...so go check that out

your family doctor may also have the record i guess...

Archived