Premed 101 Forums

CREMS summer research

I don't think you are in a first year undergrad research program per-say. From talking with current participants I got the impression it is more like an NSERC experience which runs for the full year. I think the logic behind the program is to fulfill the objective Toronto has for generating academic physicians outside of the MD/PhD scope. This is what I was told during the school tour.

I have enjoyed my experiences with research in the past and thus might be interested in applying. Does any 1T1s or other upper years have any experience or comments on the program? Any info would be appreciated.

I don't think you are in a first year undergrad research program per-say. From talking with current participants I got the impression it is more like an NSERC experience which runs for the full year. I think the logic behind the program is to fulfill the objective Toronto has for generating academic physicians outside of the MD/PhD scope. This is what I was told during the school tour.

I have enjoyed my experiences with research in the past and thus might be interested in applying. Does any 1T1s or other upper years have any experience or comments on the program? Any info would be appreciated.

I know CREMs is different from undergrad research. But it seems like OTHER med students (i.e. non UT med students) who want to do research at UT that is more targeted towards med students will have no choice but to go back to "undergrad type of research programs" because CREMs excludes them. Of course, they can find jobs on their own that are med-related, but there is no other program designed for this. I know my med school also has a very similar program to CREMs, but it's not in Toronto.

Archived