Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS Letter Service...

gd86

I know there's a thread on Interfolio...but it didnt quite answer my question. The question is that if a school that I'm applying to uses the AMCAS letter service, then do I have to use the AMCAS letter service, or can I just mail the letters in or send them in through Interfolio independently???

I believe that this is amcas' first year of letter service. in this year, i believe they are willing to accept interfolio submissions (so you can use interfolio for everyone this year, sending them to amcas for the schools that want amcas)... i think this is a transition to amcas doing its own letterservice in the future, and perhaps interfolio being phased out. you may need to double-check amcas taking interfolio this year - i'm finally in, so this round i'm not so familiar with.

well from my understanding interfolio works fine but you must upload the amcas letter form for each letter and submit it with your references.

e.g. if you have 3 letters you will send 6 forms through interfolio... interfolio is sending it via courier to them but they have it listed on the website

Archived