Premed 101 Forums

Am I Comptetitive?

Guest InterestedNurse

Guest InterestedNurse

Hello,

I am not from Ontario, but I am from Canada and I am interested in applying to McMaster. I have a CGPA of 3.9 and a lot of extracurricular activities. I am also in Nursing. I am just wondering if any of these things will help/hurt me? for ex. I know some schools require your GPA to be higher if yuo are applying from a different geographical region also I once read a stat that said that 90% of students accepted are from within Ontario!!

the avg. entering grade last year was 3.88... Your GPA couldn't get much better, so that's all alright.

No one seems to know what the OOP GPA was last year (or any year)... but it IS harder to get in from out of province.

In my extremely uneducation opinion, I'd say you sit well, but for sure your autobiographical sketch witll make or break it, as I assume it does for anyone with a 3.6+ GPA.

I'd say you are competitive (although given the themes of MAC's questions, you don't really need Extra Curriculars, just the maturity, etc. that one would gain from them)

Archived