Premed 101 Forums

amount of time to study for the DAT?

It honestly depends how much bio, chem you know before hand, and if you have written the DAT before. If you have taken these courses recently expect to invest 2-3 hours a day for a month. However, with that being said I want to you realize the someone's ability may differ from yours, so judge my words for yourself.

4 weeks all out studying. doing nothing else.

i did pretty well.

I mostly prepared for the carving, doing one carving a day the entire month before the DAT. I found the PAT and the RC sections to be quite easy. I didn't even bother studying for the Sciences since that's all I study otherwise. How did you do Contach?

I mostly prepared for the carving, doing one carving a day the entire month before the DAT. I found the PAT and the RC sections to be quite easy. I didn't even bother studying for the Sciences since that's all I study otherwise. How did you do Contach?

I wrote the American: 21 PAT/ 24 AA / 26 TS

what about yourself?

• 2 weeks later...
i'm taking DAT for first time this feb

and i'm giving myself few months to study DAT

since I need to accompany my school work

I'm thinking of writing in February for my first time too. I'm currently registered to write this November, but I don't feel ready to take it since school is so busy right now. Too bad the Canadian DAT cannot be written in the summer. That would be the perfect time to take it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking of writing in February for my first time too. I'm currently registered to write this November, but I don't feel ready to take it since school is so busy right now. Too bad the Canadian DAT cannot be written in the summer. That would be the perfect time to take it.

im wondering why the CDA doesn't have a summer writing.

Maybe it's to see if how well you handle the pressure of being overloaded with midterms while studying for the DAT?

this could show how well you will handle the large workload in dental school??

lol just my speculations :rolleyes:

Archived