Premed 101 Forums

How will you spend the next agonizing 4 1/2 months?

Unfortunately, I'm spending the next little while worrying about OMSAS and other medschools.

Schoolwork is an ever-present gnawing at the back of my mind, but it's hard to work on school when applications still have to be done.

Recently, though, I've found it difficult to focus on things. I'm sure we all know that feeling: it's that incessant dull gray ennui.

I often think about my mental list of things I've put off for the sake of the medschool race (reading cool books, learning to play guitar, indulging in creative activities, travelling, becoming fluent in French...). Do you guys have a list too?

Yikes. Didn't mean this post to be such a downer.

Happy thoughts.

I often think about my mental list of things I've put off for the sake of the medschool race (reading cool books, learning to play guitar, indulging in creative activities, travelling, becoming fluent in French...). Do you guys have a list too?

Gah! that list is too much like mine. creepy. Except I am also trying to finish grad school. booooooo.

why don't u do these...arent' they supposed to make u a more competitive rat :P

as for me..it's the farthest thing from my mind right now..i guess i just happen to be a very patient person..unlike some of u neurotic rats :P

why don't u do these...arent' they supposed to make u a more competitive rat :P

as for me..it's the farthest thing from my mind right now..i guess i just happen to be a very patient person..unlike some of u neurotic rats :P

Hee hee.

Yes, I would love to tick those items off my list; however, there's simply no time! What a stink!*

I can do other things, like blog (don't laugh), music (not guitar), cool community work, etc--but I still have a long list left over.

...I would also like to learn how to cook.

Like, really cook.

*Please note that I never use the phrase "What a Stink!" in real life.

I also never use the word "Gams" to describe legs (but I would like to...just sparingly.)

I'm keeping myself occupied with a one-year Masters in Early Childhood Education (focusing on health education and promotion, of course). That way, my mind is kept off of the wait and I'll (hopefully) be a better candidate next year, in case I don't get in this year (which won't be an issue... *knock on wood* ;) ).

It's just a blog about random thoughts and things. I don't often share the URL because I like the idea of writing for nobody.

and nobody is probably reading it.... kidding. love you.

And yay! Senior member!!! Giving up my friends for new, cooler internet chat friends was totally worth it! (although I still have an eerie feeling I probably know you guys in real life and I just don't realize it...)

• 2 weeks later...

how do you guys get to become a senior members? I have been on this forum for more than 4 years, I think i deserve to be a senior member. Applying to med seems to be like a running competition: for the most it is 100m sprint; for me it is a never-ending marathon. By the way, I have seriously considered changing my name to pre-med emeritus, I think I deserve this title as well.

by the way, my life just gonna go on with job and relationship in the next 4months. i can hardly believe the 4th time around, i still haven't changed even a bit.

________

Marijuana Seeds

how do you guys get to become a senior members? I have been on this forum for more than 4 years, I think i deserve to be a senior member. Applying to med seems to be like a running competition: for the most it is 100m sprint; for me it is a never-ending marathon. By the way, I have seriously considered changing my name to pre-med emeritus, I think I deserve this title as well.

by the way, my life just gonna go on with job and relationship in the next 4months. i can hardly believe the 4th time around, i still haven't changed even a bit.

You need to have 100+ posts before you become a senior member.

do what I did and just blab on the end of any post regardless of you interest, make fun of "the Law" as much as you can, and hit on "avenir001" (one day she(?) will cave to my advances...)

only if u look like sean connery..or george clooney. and u get bonus points for making fun of law :P

Archived