Premed 101 Forums

Should I order soaps/carving?

I'm planning to apply to only UofT and Western. I know UofT doesn't care at all about carving, but I'm still a bit confused about Western since they list the average for it in their admission stats.

Is there any point in ordering the soaps + kit and practicing carving, or would it be better just to focus on the other sections?

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

It depends on how certain you are about closing the door on other Canadian Dental schools that do value the Carving score.

If you know it's UWO/UofT or bust, then fine, don't practice carving. If you would rather be at any Canadian Dental school next year than sitting at home if things don't go according to plan, practice carving. Have a Plan B and apply to other schools as well.

I recommend the RocktheDAT course. I can't say how great they are for Sciences, but I have only ever heard good things about the Carving prep and several "I got 25+ on carving" stories.

But if it really really is UofT/UWO or die trying, then forget carving and use the time to get 22+ on Sciences, RC, and PAT.

Archived