Premed 101 Forums

UBC to add 32 more medical school seats in 2011

The Dean of Medicine of UBC held a groundbreaking ceremony this week in Kelowna for the construction of the Southern Medical Program, to hold 32 more medical students starting in 2011.

Are they calling it the Southern Medical, or Southern Okanagan Medical Program? The latter would sound better.

Are they calling it the Southern Medical, or Southern Okanagan Medical Program? The latter would sound better.

I don't know what they're calling it, but given that Kelowna is Central Okanagan, calling it the Southern Okanagan Medical program would be a misnomer. Everyone would thing Osoyoos hit the jackpot and got a medical school :D

I don't know what they're calling it, but given that Kelowna is Central Okanagan, calling it the Southern Okanagan Medical program would be a misnomer. Everyone would thing Osoyoos hit the jackpot and got a medical school :D

Kelowna is considered part of the South Okanagan by most....I guess you could call it central as well.

Kelowna is considered part of the South Okanagan by most....I guess you could call it central as well.

It's definitely not considered south by the people who live there, and the Central Okanagan Regional District, which runs from Lake Country to Peachland, certainly calls Kelowna "Central". Although, in reality, I'd be happy to call everything south of Prince George southern BC :)

It's definitely not considered south by the people who live there, and the Central Okanagan Regional District, which runs from Lake Country to Peachland, certainly calls Kelowna "Central". Although, in reality, I'd be happy to call everything south of Prince George southern BC :)

Durrr, ok, I must be wrong. :)

I know our district medical coordinator for Okanagan SOUTH takes care of everything from Keremeos/Osoyoos at the border up to Kelowna in the north.

Okanagan NORTH is everything north of Kelowna like Vernon.

*runs away with tail between legs*

• 4 weeks later...

Archived