Premed 101 Forums

Anyone ever accepted with non full course load?

Hey, I was just wondering if anybody has or knows someone who has ever been accepted to Toronto with anything less than a full course load - say someone does 5/5/4/4 (remaining done in summer) and managed to get a 3.90, they don't really need the formula to help them but just wodering if they would even have a shot b/c of the whole "rigorous and demanding program of studies" thing. It just seems to me that they really stress the idea that they want really hard working people who can definitely handle the workload. At Queens if you meet the cut-off it doesn't matter if you took a full course load or not.

I took 4/5/5.5/4.5 with summer school after first year, done at UofT with no problems.

I think UofT is generally not in favour of summer school every summer since they believe that the school year is for school and the summer is for extra-curricular work.

I took a few tricky courses during the summer for I could specifically concentrate on them. UofT didn't seem to mind. Either way, there is a verity of educational backgrounds in the class.

I took 4/5/5.5/4.5 with summer school after first year, done at UofT with no problems.

I think UofT is generally not in favour of summer school every summer since they believe that the school year is for school and the summer is for extra-curricular work.

So you got accepted at Toronto? What was your GPA and EC profile like if you don't mind.

Rogerroger: Lemme guess the tricky ones...CHM247 or PSL302 right? lol.

So you got accepted at Toronto? What was your GPA and EC profile like if you don't mind.

Rogerroger: Lemme guess the tricky ones...CHM247 or PSL302 right? lol.

Yea, I am now still at UofT for medicine. My GPA was 3.92 I think. Standard EC (research, unique things, broad interests).

Yea, I am now still at UofT for medicine. My GPA was 3.92 I think. Standard EC (research, unique things, broad interests).

Damn. I see. I applied in 2006 with a 3.88 but this includes summer school so without the summer school, I guess my GPA must've been around 3.83-3.85 - my last (5th) year was done part-time too so I guess that must've counted for nothing as well.

What do you guys think...3.85 good enough or could it have been the essay?

My EC profile is good enough imo.

btw - is there anywhere that we can get help on the essay? Like, is anyone on here willing to critique and advise?

Damn. I see. I applied in 2006 with a 3.88 but this includes summer school so without the summer school, I guess my GPA must've been around 3.83-3.85 - my last (5th) year was done part-time too so I guess that must've counted for nothing as well.

What do you guys think...3.85 good enough or could it have been the essay?

My EC profile is good enough imo.

btw - is there anywhere that we can get help on the essay? Like, is anyone on here willing to critique and advise?

take a hard look at your references as well. They have a huge impact on whether you get in or not in the UT system. make sure your references actually know how to write effective letters.

To Xylem29 --> Pardon my asking, but weren't you accepted to UofT's pharmacy school, and is now out of the med school "rat race"? :)

My, many posters somehow know my story so well!

Yes, I am out of the race, but I not permanently. I am not applying this year if that's what you're asking. I may not apply at all if my GPA drops, I just wanted to know for the future, that's all :)

Archived