Premed 101 Forums

Plant biology DAT november

Hello,

I am currently studying for the nov dat, I'm using KAPLAN it seems to cover very little plant biology. Can someone please suggest how they are studying for plant biology? And how indepth do we need to study plants?

Thanks for your help =)

abbyies

• 1 year later...

You don't need to know too indepth. Know some of the characteristics of each phylum (i think that's what it is called, i haven't taken an introductory biology course in a while) such as gymnosperms, angiosperms...etc. Also, know heritability. Sometimes they ask very general questions, other times they ask very specific ones. It just depends on the test. I think basic knowledge in an introductory plant biology course would help u ace the plant biology questions for the most part.

From what I've heard there are less plant questions on the Canadian DAT. I took the November 09 DAT and the only questions about plants were about classification, so I would know the classification of plants well (and common examples) and their genetics like someone already said, maybe the male and female organs. I wouldn't stress too much about the hormones and other details, but if u have time it wouldnt hurt to know them.

Archived