Premed 101 Forums

Movement of the Wait List

Guest WillGetThere

Guest WillGetThere

Hi everyone!

I'm one of many on the wait list for Mac this year. Just figured I'll start this thread for when the list starts moving. I know there are many of us still hoping and waiting for the reply. So I thought it would be great if we let each other know when the new wave of offers starts arriving. I think it might give us more hope hearing about the shifts in the list, plus will help us keep the time frame in perspective.

Good luck to all! and Congrats to those with offers!

PS does anybody know when these new offers usually start? My guess is after the 4th of July, but has anyone ever heard otherwise?

Guest jmh2005

The first set of waitlist offers usually go out approximately 2 weeks after the initial set of offers go out (therefore around June 14/15th), there is also another set of offers that typically go out in early July as 'provisional acceptances' become firm.

For example... you got into McMaster and waitlisted at UofT (you wanted UofT #1)....so you 'provisionally accept' McMaster, hoping UofT takes you off their waitlist in the next month...if they do, then a spot opens up at McMaster for the next waitlister as you are now going to UofT (many people do this as they want a spot when it comes down to it, but still have other places they would rather go if they had a choice...as of this magical early July date)....HOWEVER, if UofT never called, you now have an official confirmed spot at Mac and you are then taken off all Ontario waitlists including UofT as you are now a Mac MD student...you can see why this date also causes alot of spot movement in the province...

HOpe this helps, I know, its hard to be patient, I've been there... Good luck :)

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi there:

Two things.

First, good news. Some blessed individual out there will be getting a call soon because my buddy accepted at another university and declined his offer at Mac! ;)

(don't sit obssessed by the phone however)

Second, I got in off the waitlist. Rest assured that the waitlist DOES move, some years more than others, but it ALWAYS moves. Remember, most people apply elsewhere and get in elsewhere and for that reason many people reject Mac. Don't lose hope until orientiation week. No word of exaggeration that almost every year people get accepted till the last minute because plans change or people don't show up!

Guest BmocAzreal

Hey guys, so is the waitlist beginning to move? MacDaddyeh, you mean you got in off the waitlist last year right? Or did you get a call on the 11th, this year? Reading GM's post makes me think that. Anyway, sorry just wanting to clarify. Congrats either way! :)

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi folks:

To clarify, I got called LAST year, meaning it IS possible to be pulled off the waitlist. I know the wait is agonizing, but some if not many of you will likely be called within the next month (No, I don't have any numbers or inside info!).

Take it easy.

Archived